Search results

1. Reader90

No Water Softener loop preinstalled in 2005 home - my options?

Hello, My daughter recently moved to a newer home (2005 build), but there is no preinstalled water softener loop. Plenty of room for water conditioning equipment in garage (water softener + whole home carbon filter). House does have a crawlspace, so I assume the answer is some new plumbing...
  2. Reader90

Las Vegas, Amana Split HVAC System (qty 2), One stopped but now working

Hello, Systems: 1. I have two identical systems (Amana-ASXC160601-BA, matched to Alpine A Coil CB60D442107000, and Air Handler/Furnace Amana-AMVC 80905CX). Installed in June 2010. 2. Ducting is in unconditioned attic. 3. Perform maintenance yearly, have systems checked professionally every...
  3. Reader90

Recommendation for water pro in Reno NV?

Hello, Daughter is moving to Reno NV next month and wants to get a similar water softener + whole home water carbon filter + under sink RO system. On city water. Will go with a 1.5 cu ft. Sized system. I have installed 3 such systems using both Fleck/Pentair or Clack valves and both valve...
  4. Reader90

RO TDS Observation and Question

Hello All, Been awhile since I have been on the forum -- lots going on.... Anyway, here is my setup: I have a "5 stage" RO under kitchen sync system. It has 4 Omnipure filters and a typical RO 50 gpd membrane. Stage 1 sediment, Q5605 Stage 2 carbon, Q5621 Stage 3 carbon, Q5621 Stage 4...
  5. Reader90

What is acceptable approach (trade, residential HVAC) to clean condenser coils on outdoor unit.

Hello, Background: As part of a neighborhood dispute between two neighbors related to replacing a brick/block wall between two home owner properties. The work to demolish about 30 feet of a 6 ft tall retaining brick/stucco wall had already started. All of this material has been removed. The...
  6. Reader90

Suggestions on a new multimeter?

Mostly read and post over on the Water Softener board.... Thought I would venture out a bit on this forum... I am looking to buy a new digital multimeter. Besides the obvious best-in-class, i.e. Fluke, any other feedback from others here? Looking online, see lots of APAC (China) devices...
  7. Reader90

5810xtr2 partial setting lost after power loss

Hello All, Noticed today, middle of day, my water softener went onto a regen cycle. When it finished I noticed the time was about 120 am and date one day earlier. Other settings, like hardness setting were fine. I did lose power yesterday as I unplugged the unit for 1 or 2 mins to...
  8. Reader90

When to replace carbon media for whole house system?

Hello, Did some searching here, but could not find. See articles about resin media replacement intervals based on type of water (city or well), cross link % and if softener has a whole home carbon filter in front of softener, which I do. I have a 2 cu ft tank, 2 actually, for softening and...
  9. Reader90

Anode rod maintenance

Hello, I have a Bradford & White Tank Water Heater, Model RG275H6N. City water, that I run through both a 2 cu ft carbon filter (flushed every 7 days), followed by a 2 cu ft. water softener. My water does not smell or have any colorization. It has been ~18 months since installation and...
  10. Reader90

16% Cross link resin??

Okay, new to me in a conversation with someone here in LV. I am having a new TH built, purchased and taking possession next week, as a rental. City water, ~15/16 grains of hardness I was over at the property and was approached by a water softener company about their products and services. As...
  11. Reader90

Increased drip rate into drain for softener

Hello, I have ~3 year old Fleck 5810XRT softener, with a 5810STX whole home carbon filter plumbed in front. I have noticed over the past ~30/45 days, I can hear water dripping into the drain (same airgap drain line that my washing machine uses in the laundry room). I have noticed this...
  12. Reader90

Carbon Filter - Whole House, Recommended Maint

Hello All, Looking for recommendations on time interval to replace my 2 cu ft carbon filter media. I have a Fleck 5810STX valve/2 cu ft tank that was configured with coconut carbon media (Jacobi I believe). City water, with chlorine, hardness ~ 17 (and then from the carbon filter, over to a...
  13. Reader90

Long wait time for hot water at kitchen

Hi All, Not sure if I posted this in right forum group. I have a hot water recirculation pump in my home. Hot water is pretty fast to all faucets. However, I recently had the anode rod replaced and tank flushed. After work was done, hot water, only to the kitchen faucet, takes 1 to 1.5...
  14. Reader90

Different type of question, re: Fleck XTR2 valve firmware

Different type of question.... Reference to another post I saw on this board ".... xtr2 controller (firmware version 1.7.1812)". I have a xtr2 with older firmware 1.3.7085. Question for dealers/distributors (or if a Fleck rep visits....) Is there a firmware upgrade path for the xtr2...
  15. Reader90

Opinion needed on WS1 1.5 cu ft softener settings...

Hello All!! My family members WS1-CS based softener and seperate WS1-TC based carbon filter is working great!! System was sized for home, family of 4, etc. There are only two living there now. Their water usage is very low, ~50 gallons or less a day. Softner was programmed for 45k grains...
  16. Reader90

Brine refill cycle -- before or after regen?

Question to experienced and pro water folks here: Any opinion on programing where brine tank is: 1. Filled 1st to programmed level, sit for ~60 or more mins, then run through all regen cycles? OR 2. Filled at end of a regen cycle so 1st step of a regen starts with brine tank already...
  17. Reader90

Softener Drain Line Question - Size

Hello All, Can anyone comment on the impact of having a smaller drain/waste line in my carbon/softener system. I have a two tank, 1.5 cu ft (both 10x54 tanks), one carbon, other resin. The respective drain lines are from each unit are attached to plastic drain tubing, combined after leaving...
  18. Reader90

Halo 5 system

Searched this forum and don't see any comments on the Halo 5 system. Is this nothing more than a multi-media based system with alternate scale removing media? I have read the info on thier website. Reading here, I assume backwash rates and time of backwash may be an issue with this design...
  19. Reader90

New Softener needed, go with WS1 or 5810STX valve?

Great forum... Looking for a recommendation... A extended family member needs a new water softener, replacing a 5+ year old big box store Whirlpool system that was neglected and a few have asked ~ $400-500 to fix/repair.... As such, I am helping and instead of going with same type of...
  20. Reader90

Omnipure K series, K5654-JJ. Looking for comments

Hello, First time posting, long time follower of this thread. I replaced all water conditioning equipment recently to include a softener and carbon filter (whole house) + a RO undersink system. Very pleased mostly with the results. However, I ran across this filter, Omnipure K series...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks