Search results

1. Rancho

Dishwasher installation amplifying running sounds

I have had 2 higher end dishwashers installed in a kitchen peninsula (a Bosch that was later replaced with a Miele) and both are loud enough to be clearly heard from other rooms. These are models that others say are so quiet for them that they sometimes accidentally open the door mid cycle not...
  2. Rancho

Can Moen Positemp Valve Go Bad?

Another thing that seems to debunk something being in the line is the fact that the problem never happens in the middle of a shower. It always happens right when the shower is being turned on and the handle was just moved. It happened again this morning. I turned the shower on to the hot side...
  3. Rancho

If it were a pebble or other objects in the line, it would not affect just one faucet in one bathroom. It also would clear permanently and we would see the object come out. It seems like it is some issue with the valve itself. As I mentioned, sometimes just moving the handle back and forth a...
  4. Rancho

There is no access from the back, that’s why replacing the valve is such an issue. A hole must be cut in the shower tile to get the valve out. We wouldn’t be cutting the tile if we could just access the valve from the back instead. The question is about the physical size (dimensions like height...
  5. Rancho

If the Posi-temp valve needs replacing, I’d be interested in switching to a Moentrol so I can upgrade to control both temperature and flow independently. Since there is no rear access, tile in green shower wall needs to be cut to remove the old valve. I would like a valve that is not larger in...
  6. Rancho

House was built in 2002. The water heater is 5 years old. Don’t know about piping, but it would have whatever code required in 2002.
  7. Rancho

No email alerts working for this forum

I just tried the forgot password link to see if I get that email that sends a link to reset my password and I didn’t get that either. So, it’s not just forum notifications.
  8. Rancho

Yes, that’s selected. I didn’t get email notification for your reply either. .
  9. Rancho

I’m following another thread I started and never receive email alerts when people reply even though I have all the alert options turned on. I checked my email spam folder and it’s not there either. Is there an issue going on with notifications?
  10. Rancho

So, it’s still a mystery why the Posi-temp would keep going through cartridges or need to be flushed out to clear blockages in the valve itself. No other faucets in the house including another shower that’s closer to the water source has this issue.
  11. Rancho

The plumbing company said they don’t think Posi-temp valves have that part. They said they have installed hundreds on Posi-temp valves and never have seen that balancing spool. So, that must just be for Moentrol valves.
  12. Rancho

Would replacing just the balancing spool permanently resolve the problem or was there some other design flaw in those valves from 2000-2010 that would require replacing the entire valve for a permanent fix?
  13. Rancho

That part is near the price of a complete valve. Why not just buy a new valve then? Can that part be replaced without removing the valve and needing to cut the shower wall to access it? How would I know if the valve uses that part? When I look up Positemp valves, I see several different...
  14. Rancho

Just noticed the reply because I’m not receiving email notifications. The cartridges have been replaced over and over. Probably at least 8 cartridges in 5 years. Just replacing cartridges is not sustainable especially since I pay over $150 labor for each repair. Sometimes the cartridges only...
  15. Rancho

One plumber says they are super simple and there is nothing to break or go bad and another says maybe it’s defective and I should replace it. The issue I have is that the hot water side keeps losing pressure and needing either new cartridges or to be blown out to clear some unknown debris...
  16. Rancho

Motion Beam for Sprinklers

Did you ever find a better solution than the hose attachments?
  17. Rancho

How to add motion sensor to Rainbird irrigation systems?

It’s city water and I need it to work both day and night, but I also need it to have a timer that’s sophisticated enough to have days of the week instead of just hours. I need to be able to automatically exclude the mornings of days the lawn will be mowed, but still work the rest of the day and...
  18. Rancho

Do you have any suggestions on what would work as the countdown timer and calendar timer that be attached to this irrigation setup and where to buy those devices?
  19. Rancho

Would it be better/easier to somehow bypass the Irritrol and connect the motion sensor and calendar timer directly to the existing valve (or install a new additional valve)?
  20. Rancho

Some of you may have heard of the battery operated Contech Scarecrow and Orbit Yard Defender motion sensor sprinklers you attach to a garden hose to deter pests such as stray cats, deer etc.. Instead of having a garden hose laying out 24/7, I would like to rig up my existing in-ground lawn...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks