Search results

1. Don

What's the best performing toilet?

Ok..I've pretty much decided to yank out that %$#@& Champion toilet..I like the height and elongated bowl....can anyone recommend one in that price range? Terry recommended a "Toto Drake" I believe it was.. months back, but I (thought) I would be ok with the Champion I had bought because it did...
  2. Don

AS Champion-flush seal

I asked about this in a reply to the "worst toilet" thread..but thought i'd post this as new...I installed the AS Champion with the (apparently new-improved flush valve seal)..but sometimes get that cycle of re-filling because when the flush tower lands..that thin flat rubber seal can be out of...
  3. Don

Champion toilet flush duration

Just installed the Champion, no leaks yet, it does have the newer flush valve..Is there anyway to adjust for a longer duration flush so that it empties more of the tank?..Just doing test flushes at this point.,The flush is very brief..I'd like to see a longer duration of rushing water to be sure...
  4. Don

Are waxless rings ok?

I took one out of the box at Home Depot...had two thin rubber sealing fins and an in-set seal for the bottom of the toilet..it felt like it would fit very well as i test fit it into PVC..didn't put it all the way in..didn't think id get it out easily...seems like a very clean alternative..Any...
  5. Don

drop in tub used as a shower too?

K-1257 Mariposaâ„¢ 6' Bath Whirlpool I bought and installed a 6ft Kohler Mariposa whirlpool drop in tub..display model..got it cheap..I haven't installed tile yet on the 2 X 6 decking or the 3 wall surround....I'm a shower person...Is using one of these as a shower going to be a water...
  6. Don

Hammer arrestor question

In my 1937 home I'm putting a new bath and bedroom in the attic..I installed Sioux Chief hammer arrestors at the tub/shower valve because plumbing books say you should..ok..no problem there.., toilet water supply ok too..but the bath sink makes the pipes sound like a machine gun..is there an...
  7. Don

New drop in whirlpool CRACKING!!!!

K-1257 Mariposaâ„¢ 6' Bath Whirlpool I bought a ( Lowe's display ) Kohler Mariposa 6ft X 3ft whirlpool tub..never used..it had a couple small corner cracks at the top lip..I set it in a bed of motar mix with 3/8 inch plywood shims on top of the Hardibacker wrapped tub surround...a friend helping...
  8. Don

Champion toilet (not yet installed)

I'm almost finished installing floor tile in my new attic bathroom and have a new, still in the boxes 2 piece American Standard Champion toilet. My neighbor is doing the same type project and installing a Kohler Memiors toilet..I've been telling him.."look., you're always a winner, when you're...
  9. Don

venting my new attic bath

Im finishing out my attic as a bedroom and bathroom..I need to re-route a 3 inch cast iron main stack pipe from the downstairs bath( it goes straight up thru the roof in the middle the new attic bathroom under construction and I also need to run a separate 2 inch vent thru the roof for the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks