Search results

1. kramca

Santec Kriss V, Cold side on faucet drip

Thanks to all for your advice. Ordered the Santec cartridge online and had it installed in about four days. Quite easy once I realized how to get to the cartridge.
  2. kramca

Martinman correctly identified the unit as SANTEC Kris V widespread and says the part I need is PO 419 Thanks to all you smart people. Best place to order/find this cartridge ?
  3. kramca

I feel dumb now that I see how basic this is. I will take my time and figure out how to get good leverage and if need be take it to the shop for better torque. I imagine you plumbers have to twist into all kinds of odd positions. Stay tuned and thanks so much !
  4. kramca

So I assume the idea at this point is to clamp the flat part of the brass and muscle off the nut below the stem at the top ? I might need more muscle as first attempts did not budge it. Ideas ?
  5. kramca

Of course. I'll try to get a tool on that thin ring and loosen to allow the body to rise. Kohler, Delta or Moen for sure...I just can't remember and can't find the folder with all those receipts. I'll report my progress and thanks for your input.
  6. kramca

Thanks, Terry. If I understand you, I take my plumbing wrench, put the jaws on the flats and turn counterclockwise without removing the hoses ? Obviously, that is why there is a flat. I just didn't want to make a mistake. I can see that is the only way to loosen the faucet body above.
  7. kramca

The very first thing I did was turn off the water and try to remove the handle and trim. Despite trying to pad the handle you can see my pliers marred the cold side handle a bit. If there is a removable cap to reveal a screw, they hid it well.
  8. kramca

I take it that a cartridge applies to a single spout situation. Then what do I need just to stop the drip from the cold faucet spout ?
  9. kramca

I'll start over here is the cold side as originally posted followed by the same Assembly on the hot side with a red tag and the top view If I need to replace the cold side cartridge, I can if I know how to get to it. thanks to the community for your help
  10. kramca

look at it and did not know if there was a part or if the entire thing needed to be replaced. Surely, there is a part to fix a drip. Just need some steps. I am handy with wood.....not that much advanced plumbing.
  11. kramca

Precisely. I am happy to get a new cartridge but have no idea how to R & R given the picture I posted...all I have done so far is remove the small screws. Now what ? A drain cleaner guy took a l
  12. kramca

I bought the faucets fifteen years ago. They worked fine until last week. They do not leak. There is a drip or trickle from the cold faucet spout above.
  13. kramca

This is likely a Kohler or Delta faucet set that was installed by my marble people before they brought out the black granite top years ago. The cold side has a slight drip. Please tell me this is a DIY repair. I am stuck
  14. kramca

Silcock too close to grade

For various reasons one spigot on the back of my brick home is rather low to the ground. Attaching a hose is a bit of a chore. There is also a leak so I am between having it removed and new washer put on or replacing with something that will help the problem. Some of our spigots are an a 45...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks