Search results

1. Cracked

Anyone Up For a PVC Bending Challenge?

I need a 3x4" toilet flange with a ½" offset / 4° heat bend that doesn't impede flow. I don't have access and means to heat and bend PVC in a well ventilated area, to even try. If anyone can do this successfully, I would like to buy it.
  2. Cracked

Wall outlet toilet. How Can a Good Fit Be Made?

:( Have wall toilet flange that is 4"oc with tiled floor, but new toilet outlet is 4.5"oc?
  3. Cracked

Just Curious

Since floor drain flanges are supposed to be level with the finished floor, why are wall drain flanges expected to be flush with the back of the ¾" drywall? This reflects the sum of my drain flange height understanding from all that I have read online. Is my understanding correct? Thanks.
  4. Cracked

Toilet Floor Bolts for Floor Mount, Rear Outlet?

I understand the wall portion of securing the toilet to the flange. However, it's occurring to me that maybe the floor attachment comes from above the toilet into an anchor in the floor. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I would much rather put anchors in the tile, rather than create an attachment...
  5. Cracked

Gate Valve Question

The supply line to the toilet leaks a little at the valve each time I open or close the valve. Do I need to change the valve? A small tissue can handle the leak amount.
  6. Cracked

Recent Balcony Windows Enclosure Installed?

The 34 y/o, 25' of windows on my balcony have been long overdue for repair / replacement. If anyone knows or has seen what to expect from a complete replacement install, I'd appreciate any insight into todays materials, and install methods. Youtube hasn't been of any help, either. It may just...
  7. Cracked

Why, Oh Why ...

...is there this ¾" gap at the base? Leaking flange recently changed and it appeared behind the wall, so I don't understand the gap. :confused: Is there more than one possible reason? It turns out the toilet will be replaced. Is there a way to eliminate having this gap with the next toilet?
  8. Cracked

Maxwell Tank Size Difference Between 2 Models, Does it Matter?

Anyone real familiar with Floor Mount, Rear Outlet Maxwells, this one is for you. See attachments: 2 models have the same bowl, 21975. The dimensions discrepancies between them is a bit annoying, but they are not my specific question. Also, the gpf difference is moot, here. I'm wondering...
  9. Cracked

Toilet and thinset

Replacing 3.5gpf toilet that has cracked tank, does anyone know the best way to free the toilet and remove the thinset from drywall and floor?
  10. Cracked

Neoprene Seal

With or without pre-applied adhesive, what is your preference and why? Thanks.
  11. Cracked

Rear Outlet to Wall ¾" Gap?

Before the flange was changed, it did not appear to be flush or extend beyond the wall, so I don't understand the gap. :confused: It turns out the toilet will be replaced. Is there a way to eliminate having this gap with the next toilet?
  12. Cracked

Gerber Rear Outlets Maxwell and Ultra Flush

Hello, First, I'd like to say thank you so much for having this great plumbing forum for all. I've read a lot here that has been very helpful. I actually have 5 questions, so I'll start with the easiest first. Condo- Rear outlet- I understand the flange standard is vertical 4"o.c. with up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks