Search results

1. Cracked

Anyone Up For a PVC Bending Challenge?

I need a 3x4" toilet flange with a ½" offset / 4° heat bend that doesn't impede flow. I don't have access and means to heat and bend PVC in a well ventilated area, to even try. If anyone can do this successfully, I would like to buy it.
  2. Cracked

Wall outlet toilet. How Can a Good Fit Be Made?

iPad discharged, so didn't realize the pics would be posted twice.
  3. Cracked

AskTom, thanks for asking for pics. Once I started, I became encouraged that I might be able to use the toilet right away. The only place in town that sells the neoprene gaskets won't open until Tues and nothing I've tried has worked so far without leaking. I was so pleased that a gravity r/o...
  4. Cracked

That's what I was afraid of, but it raises another question. Can the rough-in be changed despite the wye fitting?
  5. Cracked

:( Have wall toilet flange that is 4"oc with tiled floor, but new toilet outlet is 4.5"oc?
  6. Cracked

Just Curious

Hi HJ. I'm specifically wandering about wall flange placement in relation to the drywall- level to the front or level to the backside of the drywall. I read and / or saw somewhere that toilet wall flanges should be flush / level to the backside of the drywall. IOW, it was saying that the...
  7. Cracked

Toilet Floor Bolts for Floor Mount, Rear Outlet?

Placed a call to the mfr and they confirmed my suspicions, to simply bolt from above into anchor in floor and to use rubber or plastic washer, not metal. :) So, I did review the Articles about drilling into tile since I may need to place new anchors in the floors. Really appreciated the...
  8. Cracked

Latest Industry Guidelines on Large Format Tile

Jim, you're great with presentations. This one seemed more playful. Conceptually, aside of the need for a self leveling compound on the floor, it seems the size and weight render mortar unnecessary, except for maybe a vertical application as in spot adhesion similar to securing a mirror wall...
  9. Cracked

Just Curious

extending ½" - ¾" in front of the drywall seems more logical. HJ, do you know the standard distance requirement relative to the drywall for the wall flange?
  10. Cracked

Maxwell Tank Size Difference Between 2 Models, Does it Matter?

This is no longer an issue for me as removing the thinset revealed my toilet's reason for having a gap at the base is due to the water supply line cover is in the way.
  11. Cracked

Just Curious

Since floor drain flanges are supposed to be level with the finished floor, why are wall drain flanges expected to be flush with the back of the ¾" drywall? This reflects the sum of my drain flange height understanding from all that I have read online. Is my understanding correct? Thanks.
  12. Cracked

Toilet Floor Bolts for Floor Mount, Rear Outlet?

I understand the wall portion of securing the toilet to the flange. However, it's occurring to me that maybe the floor attachment comes from above the toilet into an anchor in the floor. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I would much rather put anchors in the tile, rather than create an attachment...
  13. Cracked

Toilet and thinset

Turned out to not be a big deal. Thanks everyone.
  14. Cracked

Gate Valve Question

Thanks JJ, now I can do further online search for some visual understanding of the valve's parts.
  15. Cracked

Why, Oh Why ...

I probably should have said plumbing code changes associated with the supply line placement to the water closet; gpf irrelavent to the question. Sorry for the poor choice of words in the question to Michael.
  16. Cracked

Gate Valve Question

The supply line to the toilet leaks a little at the valve each time I open or close the valve. Do I need to change the valve? A small tissue can handle the leak amount.
  17. Cracked

Why, Oh Why ...

Discovered the cause. The escutcheon plate is what is keeping the toilet from the wall, not tile. Fortunately, the Maxwell has a smaller foot print and should fit against the wall next to the escutcheon plate. :D Fortunately, thinset removal was not the big deal it appeared to be. :D The...
  18. Cracked

Rear Outlet to Wall ¾" Gap?

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/why-oh-why.75425/
  19. Cracked

Why, Oh Why ...

Thanks for the thought, HJ. I will make a point of having a tile cutter on hand just in case. Recently, when the toilet was pulled away for a flange replacement, I wasn't seeing the tile extending into the opening. I will definitely look at that possibity again in a week or two when the toilet...
  20. Cracked

Recent Balcony Windows Enclosure Installed?

The 34 y/o, 25' of windows on my balcony have been long overdue for repair / replacement. If anyone knows or has seen what to expect from a complete replacement install, I'd appreciate any insight into todays materials, and install methods. Youtube hasn't been of any help, either. It may just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks