Search results

1. Blueoval78

Convertible Jet Pump Questions

That is definitely a future project; not a big fan of the jet pump. I asked earlier though, if my well record shows recommended pump rate "4.5GPM" and I put a high flow pump in there, is there risk of pumping water faster than the casing could refill? Reason I ask is every "good quality...
  2. Blueoval78

I'm not sure how big my well casing is but I do know it's got the 2 pipes from the jet pump going in there with lots of room around them. No matter which faucet I use - even at full flow - the pump builds to 50psi no problem. I suspect I have another issue in my piping somewhere because I...
  3. Blueoval78

Also, am I correct in assuming that the pressure and flow in the house is mainly affected by the pressure tank and pipes? Meaning, while the pump is not running and the water is coming from the pressure tank only (dropping from 50 to 30psi) the size and GPM of the pump would not have any...
  4. Blueoval78

Is there risk of over sizing a pump? Meaning, could I draw too fast and lose prime?
  5. Blueoval78

Thanks! I was also considering purchasing a cycle stop valve to stop the pressure swing. I did look at a better jet pump but was worried about pumping too fast from my well and making it go dry. My well records show a 4.5GPM flow and I see the Gould’s has over 10GPM’s. If I upgraded my pump...
  6. Blueoval78

Hello everyone, I am fed up with low pressure in my morning shower and want to change my pump settings. I currently have a Wayne 1/2hp convertible jet pump that is drawing from a 45 ft deep well. It is factory set for 30/50 and does not have an adjustable pressure switch. The pressure switch is...
  7. Blueoval78

Very low pressure after replacing deep well jet pump and Venturi

Hello everyone, came home from work on Monday to find my deep well jet pump running non-stop but not building pressure. Long story short is that the venturi assembly at the bottom of the well had blown out. Yesterday, replaced the venturi and the pump since I wasn't sure how long the old pump...
  8. Blueoval78

Deep Well Jet Pump Amp Draw Seems High

Thanks for the response. If I am running over 10amps, should I bother replacing the start cap or just get a new pump? Would there be a negative impact to upgrading to 1/2hp? Can I replace just the pump or do I need to also replace the hardware at the bottom of the well?
  9. Blueoval78

Deep Well Jet Pump Amp Draw Seems High

Hello everyone, I recently went through a power outage where I tried to run my 110 volt 1/3 hp convertible jet pump on my 3000 watt generator. When the pump tried to start, it ran slowly and smoke came out of the motor. It eventually got up to speed but since then it has the burnt smell when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks