Search results

1. Chucky_ott

Kitchen sink keeps backing up

Well, it needs to be ground down because it will look like a smiley face. And if you try to plug an item in the dark, you don't have to guess how to orient your plug. Just sayin'
  2. Chucky_ott

Kitchen sink keeps backing up

Is that white pipe painted ABS? Looks like someone spray painted the inside of the cabinet and the pipe. If it is ABS, I'd clean the end and then use an ABS trap. It probably won't fix your problem but it will make it neater.
  3. Chucky_ott

Connecting 2" drain to 3" Toilet drain?

i think his assembly will actually shift a bit to the right by a few inches. I'm assuming the hole in the sill is the center of the toilet. That said, I don't know if you can fit the wye and elbow inside the joist space without drilling a hole large enough for the wye's hub. That might be a...
  4. Chucky_ott

Connecting 2" drain to 3" Toilet drain?

Are you sure that the 2x4 wall is load-bearing ? It could be just a wall over which the joists span. Maybe it's just a wall for an interior partition on the lower floor (e.g. a closet or bathroom). I would have expected a break in the joists above a load-bearing wall. But that may not...
  5. Chucky_ott

Switched to AAV during remodel...now trouble

Yeah, put a bucket under the AAV if you remove it to test
  6. Chucky_ott

And to rule out the garburator, remove the p-trap and put a bucket in its place. See if sink drains properly.
  7. Chucky_ott

To rule out the AAV, remove it and see if the sink drains properly
  8. Chucky_ott

Toilet off level by more than an inch

I guess checking the floor level with a proper level would be in order. A 1" drop over 24" should be quite noticeable. If the floor is level, the flange being too high makes sense. And with bolts on one end of the toilet, it's easy to see how the other end would raise as the bolts are...
  9. Chucky_ott

Toilet off level by more than an inch

The correct thing to do is level the floor but if that's out of the question, it will be difficult to find a solution that will look nice. If I were to try something, it might be epoxy mixed in with a thickening agent. Colloidal silica is white and you would end up with a matte white joint...
  10. Chucky_ott

ABS pipe has broken off a piece

Could the rats have come in from the sewer and chewed their way out?
  11. Chucky_ott

Are there no pex plastic fip adapters? I only see male. Looking to use all plastic on my whole house filter pressure gauge tee in. Any suggestions?

Not a clue. I'm not a plumber so I only used them one time. But I've done what Fitter has said as well. A PVC tee with a bushing appropriate for your pressure gauge.
  12. Chucky_ott

Are there no pex plastic fip adapters? I only see male. Looking to use all plastic on my whole house filter pressure gauge tee in. Any suggestions?

They readily exist in brass. For plastic, the only ones I found when doing a pex job last year were the swivel types. Something like this: https://www.pexuniverse.com/1-2-x-1-2-polyalloy-pex-fpt-swivel-adapter
  13. Chucky_ott

Non submersible pump for driven well

I meant in the 1.25" pipe with the sandpoint. If the water level drops, it would be in indication that the soil is permeable enough to also let water in.
  14. Chucky_ott

On-Demand Hot Water Circulation

I agree with John that in a closed loop system, pumps in series will not have the effect you think. As he explains, the water has nowhere to go except back to the first pump. The system will get to equilibrium pretty fast. That said, as soon as you open a faucet, it is no longer a closed...
  15. Chucky_ott

I was thinking the same thing about the foot valve inside the 1.5" pipe. I also assumed a sand point but maybe it's just an open-ended pipe? I also assumed the pipe filled with water to the 6ft mark and the recovery is pretty good. In other words, we are assuming there is water in the pipe to...
  16. Chucky_ott

Unfortunately, the specs don't state the maximum static suction lift but I assume it is less than your 6ft. Also, it might not be able to overcome the force of the spring in the foot valve. Try it without (but you'll need to find a way to not lose prime)
  17. Chucky_ott

So did you prime it as per the instructions in the user manual?
  18. Chucky_ott

Which pump do you have specifically? It may need to be primed.
  19. Chucky_ott

Crack in 4" sewer line

If you're worried about that crack allowing asbestos getting into the water supply, you should be more worried about e-coli getting into the water supply. https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/publications/healthy-living/asbestos-drinking-water-infographic-2021.html
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks