Search results

1. Robenco15

Navien Installation Quote

Yeah, we’re doing a Utica boiler (with outdoor temperature sensor) and a Rheem Hybrid 50 gallon tank. Gets installed tomorrow. $9.6k. Navien completely died last night. No heat in the house or hot water. Cannot wait for them to come tomorrow. Very happy to be moving away from Navien and...
  2. Robenco15

Going with a Utica MAHF floor standing unit we’ll wall mount. The Utica’s heat exchanger can be taken out to be cleaned. Can’t do that with a Navien apparently.
  3. Robenco15

Alright, first company came back today. Thinking of doing a hybrid heat pump 40 gallon tank for our potable hot water and installing a Navien boiler (not combi) to replace the combi. Should be similar in price to putting in a Utica and redoing the piping, but this way the Navien boiler won’t...
  4. Robenco15

Had another company come take a look. Recommended replacing the Navien with a new Navien, leaving the piping as is, and installing an outdoor sensor (per my request). They would also replace the first 4 feet of the exhaust with CPVC. He didn’t seem to think the soot inside the exhaust pipe was...
  5. Robenco15

I have another company coming Monday to take a look. I’ll talk to them about other options too. Given the extent of moving the piping around, I can’t imagine going away from tankless will be much cheaper. We’ll see I guess. It isn’t just my hot water, it also heats my home so I’m not sure if a...
  6. Robenco15

My Navien is old. 8-10 years, maybe a lot more. Don’t know because it was there when I bought the house and I can’t see the sticker on the side because it’s against the wall. The exhaust pipe is black on the inside and covered with soot. When it does exhaust, it smells heavily of propane. It’s...
  7. Robenco15

Hello, Had someone out yesterday to look at my Navien CH210 and it was determined that given it’s age and all of its issues, a new one would be a better decision. So I got a quote today for a new Navien and the installation. ~$7.5k. The new Navien (NCBE210) is around $2.4k so the...
  8. Robenco15

No Condensation from Navien, Problem?

So is it a good thing or a bad thing there’s no condensation?
  9. Robenco15

No Condensation from Navien, Problem?

Hello, So every winter I have to take the condensation tube and put it in a bucket inside another larger tub. My sump-pump line that runs to the outside freezes and then the pump can’t pump the water and eventually will kill itself. Therefore, I check the bucket weekly (not a big deal) and...
  10. Robenco15

Tankless. How Many Cycles?

$1.94 a gallon. Got a fixed rate. Hopefully between that and adjusting the temperature to 125F that should cut the cost down to $2k a year.
  11. Robenco15

This is my thread from awhile ago. I think it answers your questions. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/home-heating-tips-to-save-money.74555/ How do I go about measuring the burn times? Sit in the basement and watch the heater? You say to not limit the calls for heat. The...
  12. Robenco15

Not sure how long the burn times are. Sorry. It’s a Navien tankless condensing heater. You helped me out with it this past March. Since then we’ve had the basement insulated! So you’re saying we should set the thermostats at 68f and never adjust them? I typically turn the thermostats down to...
  13. Robenco15

I have a tankless water heater set up to run as efficiently as possible with the help of users in these forums. I heat my home with hot water baseboard heating. I was wondering how often my thermostat should cycle per hour though. It takes hours to heat my downstairs. I’d say it takes 3 hours...
  14. Robenco15

Home Heating Tips to Save Money?

Thanks Dana, so I'm going to go home and make those adjustments. I have read through some of the user manual. I don't seem to be able to do any of the options on the remote control other than adjust the DHW water temp. and the supply temp. (which I have had down to 125F for about a week now)...
  15. Robenco15

Thanks. Taking a look at the dip switches in my pictures above, it doesn't look like it matches anything from the manual. The 8 switch dip switch has 3, 6, and 7 on. The manual says for 125F would have 4 and 6 on. For the supply temperature, none of the options match what is on the 8 switch dip...
  16. Robenco15

Ok great. Thank you. How do I go about setting the water temperature that enters the boiler? I can't figure that out. It isn't around 125F since the supply is set to 125F? How do I know if it is in condensing mode? Is that the same as money saving mode (that gives me an icon on the screen).
  17. Robenco15

Also, is there any chance keeping it at 125f and my thermostat basically around 65f the entire time is burning through propane even quicker? As opposed to having it at 180F and turning the thermostat up and down between when I’m home (and not sleeping) vs. not home. They filled my tanks 10...
  18. Robenco15

Like I said. I’m not totally sure what I’m talking about. I’m sure it was installed correctly. Also, the basement insulation would be at the rim joists. Still not worth only doing the rim joists? $1500 for rim joists. $5100 for first floor exterior walls. Can probably swing the basement insulation.
  19. Robenco15

Frozen pipes were the cold water pipes to the 1st floor exterior wall bathrooms. Also as a result our baseboards weren’t getting any cold water to heat through the Navien. It was a few days in a row of a wind chill below zero and us not realizing that it could happen (first winter with home)...
  20. Robenco15

Got the tank in July. Brand new, two tanks filled. I don’t remember what that cost, but the above October fill was the very first fill since acquiring the tanks. Why? I’m concerned about heating my home at 125f supply, hot water has always been good and cheap.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks