Search results

1. Sforms

Washer shutoffs, Compression or sweat?

Another washing machine shut off valve question. My currently leaky valve is a threaded boiler drain valve that is soldered on to the pipe. Is it better to replace with the same thing? Or should I get a compression valve? I haven’t seen any sweat type valves for washing machine shut off and only...
  2. Sforms

Replace washer valve?

Hi I went to turn off water supply to repair my washing machine and both valves were frozen in place- it’s strange because I am almost positive my plumber shut them off to disconnect the machine to get it out of the way of a recent plumbing repair which means they have been opened and closed...
  3. Sforms

Plastic sink basin nut problem

Hi I’m trying to replace my kitchen faucet. Got a tool to grab the plastic basin nut started to turn- and then realized I am turning the nut and the bolt together. So the nut is stuck to the bolt and the bolt is broken off of the faucet assembly on the inside. How do I get this off? Hoping to...
  4. Sforms

Stuck tub spout. Help!!

Hi I tried the simple task of replacing the tub spout. It has a set screw which I removed, but I cannot get the spout off the pipe. I can actually unscrew the entire spout from the inner plastic adapter piece that is on the pipe but the plastic will not budge and I don't want to damage the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks