Search results

1. Murphysf

is this the correct replacement angle stop valve?

Hi is this link https://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-1-2-in-Compression-Inlet-x-3-8-in-Compression-Outlet-1-4-Turn-Angle-Valve-G2CR19X-C1/202047059 the correct replacement for the application in the photo below? Thanks
  2. Murphysf

Grohe bathroom faucet dripping at spout when handle is off

Hi I have a Grohe Talia 20 892 + 18 754 from 2004 and it just starting dripping hot water from the spout when the handle is in the off position. Do I need to replace the ceramic cartridge or is there a washer that can be replaced? Attached as pages from the manual that show the replacement...
  3. Murphysf

allen wrench size to remove seat?

Hello I just tried to resurface / grind the seat in my shower that has the american standard tract line (see attached) however it was too recessed into the wall for the reseater tool I got. I just ran to home depot and got this...
  4. Murphysf

need tool to clean up old AM STD seat

Hello Looking for tool recommendations to clean up the seats on my AM STD shower valves. Please share any links from amazon or other. I am a homeowner who has two sets of the american standard tract line (see attached) am looking for a tool to service the seats in my shower and bath tub...
  5. Murphysf

Bathroom sink P trap size?

Hello My bathroom pedestal sink does not have a P trap, its is just a 90 going to drain pipe in the wall. The faucet is a Delta and has the RP62472 pop up assembly. The pop up tailpiece is 1-1/4 however the drain pipe going into the wall is 1-1/2. This is my first time dealing with a...
  6. Murphysf

1 week old water heater making sizzling noise (with video)

Hello Exactly a week ago I replaced my water heater. I installed a Bradford White URG140T6N. I was just in my garage and heard some popping sizziling noise coming tom the burner area. It sound like something was dripping onto the burner then sizzling away. At first the rate (frequency) was...
  7. Murphysf

Can Gas Water Heater sit on garage floor?

Hello My current gas water heater ( AO Smith PGXH 40 248E ) is about 20 years old 3/10/2003). It is standing on a wood pedestal about 19 above the garage floor. The water heater itself is about 55" tall (from the top of the pedestal to the top of the water heater). I am looking for a...
  8. Murphysf

Installation tips for kohler 84676 flush valve gasket?

Hello I have a kohler 3386 and the flush valve gasket is shot. I'm about to tackle the job in a couple of hours. I will also change the fill valve while I am at it. In these two videos it seems like it is really hard to compress the gasket to get the flush valve back in. I'd rather not...
  9. Murphysf

kohler toilet fill valve - did 1068030 replace 100673

Hi I have a kohler 3386. https://www.kohler.com/en/products/toilets/shop-toilets/rialto-one-piece-round-front-1-6-gpf-toilet-with-rim-jet-flush-technology-left-hand-trip-lever-and-french-curve-toilet-seat-3386?productNumber=null Did fill valve 1068030 replace 1006733? Also this fill...
  10. Murphysf

Installation tips for kohler 84676 flush valve gasket?

Hello I have a kohler 3386 and the flush valve gasket is shot. In these two videos it seems like it is really hard to compress the gasket to get the flush valve back in. I'd rather not compress it over night in the freezer. Should I just go for it like the guy in one of the videos and push...
  11. Murphysf

Needs ideas to cover hole in floor where cleanout is.

Hi I have a toilet in my garage and there is access to a cleanout in the floor, see attached photos. Looking for ideas for something to cover it. ??
  12. Murphysf

what closet bolts do the professionals use?

Hi What are the go to closet bolts that the pros use. I have a couple of supply houses near me, I think they both sell Pasco. Should I get Brass or marine grade 305 stainless steel? Will I be able to hacksaw off the excess on both the brass and 305 SS? I am also thinking getting the ones...
  13. Murphysf

need to identify this kohler toilet

Hi Need to identify this toilet to find the parts list. Here are some photos f the numbers in the tank and under the lid Thanks!
  14. Murphysf

Leak at toilet seal - source of stoppage?

Hi I have an old Foremost toilet probabaly from the 60s or older. Its in my garage It has really bad flushing performance, most stools even soft ones it backs up. My son used it the other day and after he flushed it backed up. This time water leaked out from under the base. This is the...
  15. Murphysf

Is this a FIP connection?

Hi In the attached photo of a toilet shut off valve is the connection to the nipple coming out of the wall a FIP connection? Question number two, the outside diameter of the nipple is about .95 inches is this a 1/2 in nipple? If so I am thinking of getting this...
  16. Murphysf

70 Year old Faucet - flat or beveled faucet washers?

Hello I have an American Standard faucets in my shower and also my tub. It is the tract line from the 1950s. I am finally getting around the replacing the washers, while I am at it I am going to replace the washers in the wall / laundry - utility Repcal faucet in my garage that is most...
  17. Murphysf

Right or left hand thread?

Hello The picture below is the faucet in my garage. To loosen and remove the stem valves do the nuts turn to the left or right? I marked them with a red line in the attached photo. Thanks Thanks
  18. Murphysf

Where to get teflon bibb seat washers

Hello My bathroom shower is the original installation from around 1955. I have the American Standard Tract Line It seems like every 3-5 years I need to change the bibb seat washers. I have been using the standard black ones. I heard the teflon ones will last much longer. I have a slow...
  19. Murphysf

Kohler Cimarron® Toilet Flapper

Hello It seems like the flapper in my K-4634-AA is worn, lots of little pinkish redish pieces of the flapper are loose in the tank and the tank seems to be seeping as I hear it refill. I believe the part number is K-GP1078441 for the flapper. Should I go with the Kohler part , or are the...
  20. Murphysf

How tight should 3/4" male adapters be in valve?

Hello sorry in advance for the detailed questions, I am a car mechanic and working on irrigation for the first time.... just hoping to succeed with the job below. I need to replace a Irritrol 2711APR valve that went bad. I have a new 2711APR valve and also purchased two 3/4" male adapters...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks