Search results

1. KCunningham

Katalox backwash very slow

Well, mixed bag this weekend. Had a noreaster so lost power for a couple days but I managed to take apart the katalox head and check the basket. While the tube didn't come out, I did end up losing the basket to the tank and was unable to fish it out. Couldn't find any clogs. I did redo the...
  2. KCunningham

Yeah I'm a bit worried about the riser tube coming up when I take it off. Is there any way to reseat that other than to empty the tank and put fresh gravel down?
  3. KCunningham

It does have a basket. Friday I'll plan to take the head off and see if there's anything I can see that may be problematic. Will report back, appreciate the help from everyone :)
  4. KCunningham

The KL is after the softener because I dont know what I'm doing (which is why I'm here). OK good to know, I can move those on Friday and see if that helps. The pump is a 1/2hp AY mcdonald stainless submersible pump, that's about all I know. Not sure how deep it is or the static water level but...
  5. KCunningham

Good question and I'm not sure.. I do have a cartridge filter, but that comes after the Katalox so I think it wouldn't affect backwashing? I just took off the drain line and there's no clog or kink. No pinched pipe, it's a pretty simple route from the pump to the katalox. I was told that...
  6. KCunningham

OK when running a backwash cycle the PSI drops from 70 to 55 and holds steady. The only thing between the pump and the katalox is a softener..I've tried running while that's in bypass or service without change (it's also less than a year old). I changed the katalox media last summer after 7...
  7. KCunningham

I have a 9 inch katalox with a Genesis head. Just upgraded to a 10gpm submersible pump from my 5gpm jetpump. I did a manual backwash on the katalox and noticed it's pulling VERY slowly, it used to make a big WOOSH sound and was clearly flowing fast (I haven't done a manual cycle in a long time...
  8. KCunningham

Cost of switching jet pump to submersible?

1/2 hp AY mcdonald stainless sub pump 10gpm
  9. KCunningham

for anyone coming across this in the future, in my situation it's going to cost ~$2000 cheers, thanks for the advice everyone
  10. KCunningham

Thanks for that. Also need an idea of total project cost because electrical will also need to be run to the well with buried copper I'm guessing. The well is down the hill from the house and I'm guessing maybe ~10 ft lower than the basement is if that matters. P.S. what kind of flow rate could...
  11. KCunningham

Hi all. My jet pump is in my finished basement closet and is LOUD.. Looking to change to a submersible pump in the Spring (also hoping to up my flow rate a bit for my maze of filters..) Local company wants $160 just to come look and give a quote, so before I shell out that money to find out that...
  12. KCunningham

Do I need to upsize to 1” PEX?

I have a pressure gauge before the series of filters and then another at the end. My thought is if there’s pressure drop I can bypass each filter one at a time to test which is clogged. That works right? Also my pressure is 60psi I’m noticing..isn’t 50psi more standard. I think higher psi...
  13. KCunningham

Do I need to upsize to 1” PEX?

I’m trying to clean Up/organize my water filter system because it’s an unsightly mess. In doing this I’ll need to add in a number of PEX elbows to go between my 4 backwash filters. 3/4 copper supply. My biggest concern is drop of flow rate as these backwash filters need at least 5 gpm flow to...
  14. KCunningham

Want to switch from a cycle stop valve to a tank, need help

Thanks for all the feedback. Very helpful to know this isn’t unusual. Sounds like maybe I need a submersible pump rather than an indoor one ultimately. I’m guessing the big part of that job is running the power to it considering the well is 100Ish feet from the house
  15. KCunningham

Sorry for not explaining better and probably misunderstanding.. The pump runs every time I flush or wash my hands etc and it’s loud but I also worry that by having it run so often that the pump will burn out and fail early. Is my thinking wrong here? I have no other problem with the CSV
  16. KCunningham

I do my own plumbing and I’m not great at it..appreciate all help and patience in advance. I have a goulds j10s with a cycle stop valve. It drives me nuts because it’s always switching on. I think I need a regular pressure tank? What do I need to do to get this CSV gone?
  17. KCunningham

Upstairs shower water pressure question

Couldn't find this specific answer by searching, asking for a friend who is buying a house. At the inspection when turning on the upstairs shower the water trickled and spurt for about 5 seconds and then finally the water comes in at normal pressure. What could be causing this and is it...
  18. KCunningham

Water pump won't turn on to prime, help please!

success with new water pump now, thanks! easy fix is nice. :) i have one faucet with very little flow while all the others look great, thinking maybe some debris clogged it up or something. guess i'll try taking that apart next! thx again
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks