Search results

1. Kamisn

Salt taste after regen

Hi All, I have a 4 years old softener with Clack 5 button pre programmed valve and 1.5 ft tank. For past couple of regenerations, the morning after the water taste salty and seems have more air than the normal aeration the tap does. I left the water running in both occasions for a minute or...
  2. Kamisn

Water too soft, need mixing valve...

Hi all, I have a 1.5cft Vortech tank with Clack WS1, using crystal salt and the city water hardness is 11 grains. I am having trouble getting the soap washed off my hands no matter how little soap I use, also glassware are coming out of dishwasher all cloudy etched ( Confirmed that happens...
  3. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

Hi there, I have a 3 years old water softener withe 4 button clack valve, Vortex bottom tank (no gravel) and 1.5 cubic foot of resin. The system regenerated two nights ago and today I noticed where the drain line for backwash drains there was some amount of resin accumulated, I would say half...
  4. Kamisn

Rainbow effect on glassware in dishwasher? Could be Soft water?

Hi all, I am getting rainbow effect and haze on glassware after dishwasher is done. This has started maybe in past 6-8 months and at first I thought its because of couple of old dishes but now all glasswares have the effect. I tried forums and other websites and the answers are not conclusive...
  5. Kamisn

What grout to use for tiled shower floor to wall joint?

Hi all, I have a tiled floor standing shower that had cracked grout at the corners where floor meets the walls so I decided to remove the grout and install new grout in the mentioned areas. going to home depot and seeing all options and reading online articles now I am confused what to use to...
  6. Kamisn

Potential Potassium bridge due to fine dust in the pellets?

Hi Forum, After making the switch from the NaCl to KCl and advises of putting my system in "Pre" brine, I successfully regenerated for the first time with KCl and resolved the issues that I had previously with NaCl. During the process of exchanging the salt I noticed a lot of fine dust in...
  7. Kamisn

Skin sensitivity to Salt?

Hey guys and gals, my background story is in this link thread that you may have helped me already on the previous subject https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/water-softener-salt-stains.74299/ Short version of the story is we have replaced the old water softener in the house we bought...
  8. Kamisn

Is my softener drain line too long?

Hi good people of the TL forums, I am back after my new softener system replacement was installed couple of weeks ago. I have a question? I don't have a direct drain to sewage anywhere close to the Softener and original install pulled an underground 1/2" line from the softener to the street...
  9. Kamisn

Water softener, Salt stains

Hi, I noticed there are some colorless stains on the bathroom vanity sinks and countertops after drops of water evaporate. These look like hard water remains but with the difference that they wipe right off even when dry unlike hard water stains. I recently increased the amount of salt from...
  10. Kamisn

Watts dual media softener, no silky water!

Hello, I am newbe here and to water softener world. Per a reputable water softener dealer suggestion here in Texas I have replaced our old softener with 45k watts single tank dual media system which has clack ws1, the top media is carbon and bottom one is 8% resin. The water felt silky and nice...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks