Search results

1. Kamisn

Salt taste after regen

Check valve seems to be ok as it shuts the brine off after reaches the bottom point. I will try the preset for 60 min brine tonight.
  2. Kamisn

Salt taste after regen

Hi All, I have a 4 years old softener with Clack 5 button pre programmed valve and 1.5 ft tank. For past couple of regenerations, the morning after the water taste salty and seems have more air than the normal aeration the tap does. I left the water running in both occasions for a minute or...
  3. Kamisn

Water too soft, need mixing valve...

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.
  4. Kamisn

Can the Clack mixing valve dialed down to not mix any hard water?
  5. Kamisn

Here is the link to our city water test results by the municipal water (Page 13). Would an independent water testing may help to figure out if I need additional filtration? http://webtools.sugarlandtx.gov/sl/epub/2019wqr/#p=15
  6. Kamisn

I meant with normal amount of soap usage. The other thing is that the dishwasher may have gone old and not washing that well either, because we had the water softener since 2018. Here is a snapshot from the dishwasher manual:
  7. Kamisn

My issue with slippery feeling/sensation of skin is that it feels that soap sticks to my skin and I say that because my hands feels sticky after washing with slight sweating and I actually tasted them after rinsing thoroughly and I could taste the soap. It also seems that there are two opinions...
  8. Kamisn

I agree that the already etched glasses are irreversible, however we have new Pyrex dishes that are getting cloudy as well. We etched to liquid cascade detergent to be able to control the amount of soap.
  9. Kamisn

Hi all, I have a 1.5cft Vortech tank with Clack WS1, using crystal salt and the city water hardness is 11 grains. I am having trouble getting the soap washed off my hands no matter how little soap I use, also glassware are coming out of dishwasher all cloudy etched ( Confirmed that happens...
  10. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

I have 2/3 of the tank full of resin.
  11. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

So does this mean I am not getting enough GPM drain with current drain line setup to backwash properly? Should I put the 2.7 back in? I guess the right way to do it is to keep the 2.2 DLFC in and change the drain line to 3/4 but that will be a major project with bunch of yard digging and...
  12. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

The drain line is 1/2” 75 ft long. We went from 2.7 to 2.2 per suggestion from this forum to avoid resin loss during backwash , if you look at few posts before with 2.7 DLFC, I had around 2.2 - 2.5. I have to cut the drain line to get the close by gpm.
  13. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

Update! I installed the new basket, internals and sized down the DLFC to 2.2, sanitized the brine tank and softener and measured backwash to a 5 gal bucket and it measures at 2:45 minutes which per above formula is 300/165= 1.8 gpm at the end of the drain line. I have no resin in the bucket...
  14. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

Thanks for shedding the light on the situation dittohead. I am thinking that I need to service the valve as well after 3 years of use. I probably need to get the new basket for 1” unit, new DLFC, a valve kit and the valve wrench plus some silicone grease to do the servicing while opening the...
  15. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

OK! Here are my findings: On average it took 2-2:15 minutes to fill the 5 Gal bucket (Per above formula that makes it 2.22-2.5 gpm if my math is correct). There was some resin residue in the bucket after each backwash, maybe 3-4 TSB, which kept lessen every backwash I measured, I ran the...
  16. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

Interesting. Once I get to check it then need to get those parts replaced, also need to know how much resin loss we had so far. My installer at the time told me he put 1.5 ft of resin.
  17. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

Thanks for the formula. The tank unfortunately is black.
  18. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

We had a freezing temperature on Monday morning but the regeneration occurred the day before that. I am very suspicious that the top screen has failed and caused the resin loss. combination of that and larger DLFC probably caused the resin loss. I am very OCD on my appliances and I am sure I...
  19. Kamisn

Resin in backwash?

I will do that, I need first buy some sort of hose that I can hook up to the in ground drain line.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks