Search results

1. Hey

Thread replies not going to emails?

Ah ok. For a minute, I thought I was the one having issues. I see this is the norm for now. Thank you for the reply and information.
  2. Hey

well, in the past, if I ever started a thread; the replies of individuals would obviously post up here. My email would, however, also receive. a notification telling me someone replied. It no longer does this. All of the settings are exactly the same.
  3. Hey

Is anyone having the issue of when someone replies to a thread not going to your email even if you have it set to? I've been missing replies and such and don't know how to fix this or if my settings are just wrong. Any suggestions would be helpful. I do have "watch this thread" and "receive...
  4. Hey

Redesigning above ground sprinkler manifold setup

ok, so attached are some progress pictures. I went ahead a cut all the PVC so I can start fresh. Where the valves are, the closer ones to you would be easy to replace. the ones in the rear, well....how do you make sure those line up? Once lined up, how do you make sure that it'll line up...
  5. Hey

"install two drain valves for each side if the valves" Do you have any pictures of this so I can see it? I think I have an idea of what you are talking about. I love the idea of an insulated wooden box.
  6. Hey

So leaving it as PVC is the best option. Thank you for this.
  7. Hey

I just noticed there is a sprinkler forum. If the moderator is reading this, can we move the thread there or should I repost there?
  8. Hey

Here is my setup. After the big freeze, I haven't had a chance to work on it until now. What would be some suggestions for rebuilding? Should I do it exactly the same, or would there be an easier way? Steel pipe looks good but I'm afraid of it rusting out down the road.
  9. Hey

Do you know of this setup? Ever seen this f=done before out in the wild?
  10. Hey

I was curious if this would be possible and safe to have this set up. Anyone ever use steel pipe before??
  11. Hey

Can't manually turn valve on anymore

I'm bringing this post back because I am encountering the same issue. I have six zones. All work normally except zone 4. Zone 4 made a buzzing noise so I replaced the whole motor unit which included a brand new solenoid. The new motor valve also makes a buzzing noise. No water is flowing...
  12. Hey

Replacing Gate Valves with ball Valves

I was curious about the gate valve right above the sediment filter. If I were to saw it off, could I replace it with a ball valve that has compression fittings in its spot?
  13. Hey

Thank you for the quick response!!
  14. Hey

Here is a closer look at that valve with the new one I just purchased. I see how I would unscrew both ends, unscrew one way off then the other way. But when installing the new ball valve, how would I make sure both ends are screwed on tight?
  15. Hey

That gas valve is 3/4 and on both sides has threads. Could I just unscrew the one side then other and replace with the proper ball valve. That be a start. Is that the correct way of installing?
  16. Hey

Wow, this is interesting. This is city water and I found out that this particular sediment trap is no longer sold by Sears. (sears water filter 3416, sediment removal type). This home does not have a backflow on the irrigation system and so maybe this was used in place? None the less, those...
  17. Hey

I had no idea that was a gas valve. Just last year it was replaced by a guy I found on craigslist. No wonder...
  18. Hey

Great advice. I'm not a plumber in any way so do I just cut the copper from the bottom and then attach some kind of bonding for the copper and pvc?
  19. Hey

So would anyone have suggestions on how to go about cutting then installing new ball valves with no pipe slack?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks