Search results

1. JackBurton

Connecting old 4" CI spigot w/ lip to PVC

My problem is not connecting PVC to a hub. My problem is connecting PVC to the spigot end of a CI pipe. There is a lip on the CI.
  2. JackBurton

Connecting old 4" CI spigot w/ lip to PVC

I had to cut out an old SV 4" cast iron pipe since it was split almost entirely from spigot to bell. At the upstream bell end of the bad pipe, I'm gonna be left with an incoming elbow spigot w/ lip that was caulked. Is there a band coupling that can accommodate the wider OD of the caulk lip...
  3. JackBurton

Appliance flex hose leaks

So that leads me to other questions then. What pressure do you test to and do you throw the flex line you used for the test out? The labels on the Brasscraft flexlines say they are rated to 1/2 psi and they are not to be re-used. As far as re-using them, I'm not sure whether they're worried...
  4. JackBurton

That's interesting because I got the leaks to stop by tightening and the loosening the flare nuts a few times. It kinda seems like the flare was not seating correctly initially.
  5. JackBurton

The way my gas cock is oriented behind my range prevents me from installing a test gauge on it. So I figured I'd put the test gauge on a flex hose and attach the flex hose to the gas cock. This setup is not holding air long enough (>3 psi for >1/2 hour) regardless of how I tighten the flare...
  6. JackBurton

Trouble with Rigid OO-R/12R manual die

Understood, however the pipe is still at .850 after removing the coating and the die guide is .840. The only solution I can think of is to bore or ream the guide oversize on a lathe. FWI, Wheatland's datasheet calls out a tolerance of +- .016 for this pipe, so it's within their specs. I'm...
  7. JackBurton

Trouble with Rigid OO-R/12R manual die

Hi, first I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading this forum. I'm always learning something new. I'm trying to thread 1/2" Sch 40 black pipe with a Rigid 36890 1/2" NPT die head. I cannot get the die to even slip on the pipe. The bore of the die measures about .840 while the pipe OD...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks