Search results

1. Joseph Skoler

Well pipe too short?

I don't know how long the insert on that fitting is. If it's not an extra long one, I'm concerned that putting another hose clamp on might result in it not being fully on the fitting's inserted section and maybe squeeze the pipe and thereby loosen the pipe on the fitting.
  2. Joseph Skoler

Latest CSV Installation

Just installed a CSV from @Valveman in a closet in a manufacturer home. The old pressure tank was underneath the house, in an unconditioned air space. This is a great solution.
  3. Joseph Skoler

Well pipe too short?

With everyone's sage guidance and important inspiration, I present to you the main water feed, version 2.0:
  4. Joseph Skoler

Well pipe too short?

I would guess there is not much weight on the pipe (force pulling it down). That is not the well pit -- it is a sleeve through the concrete for the well pipe to pass. The well is about 50' from the house. Does that change the recommendation?
  5. Joseph Skoler

Well pipe too short?

Do you mean a riser clamp on the gray pvc fitting held into the poly pipe with the hose clamp (where the red line is)? I don’t think there is room for a clamp between the hose clamp and that insert fitting.
  6. Joseph Skoler

Well pipe too short?

Would you experts try to put a new fitting in the poly? Unthread the existing poly fitting from the white PVC fitting just above it? Cut the sched 80 PVC where the yellow is? Something else? Thanks!
  7. Joseph Skoler

Well pipe too short?

I have a sleeved poly well pipe coming up out of a slab under a manufactured home. The poly only comes up to the top of the sleeve, then hose clamped on is a PVC adapter to threaded, then another and another. I want to run 1" pex down from the house and connect to the poly, but I'm afraid that...
  8. Joseph Skoler

Rerouting main water line inside house?

Thanks very much! Making sure I understand: The pex pipe should insulated airtight? I got the 1-1/8" diameter pipe insulation, slit lengthwise with a continuous strip of peel off backing tape. I believe it is r-3.1 or 3.3.
  9. Joseph Skoler

Rerouting main water line inside house?

I have a mid-1990’s manufactured home in zone 4 that I’m renovating. It is built on a steel chassis/frame which sits on a concrete slab. The crawlspace under the house (between the floor of the house and the concrete slab, where the steel frame is visible) has skirting, and the previous owner...
  10. Joseph Skoler

Noisy at well head

Any downside to getting a stronger pump (3/4 or 1hp)? Or faster (20gpm)? I'm already using your CSV at this location.
  11. Joseph Skoler

Noisy at well head

Okay, I can pull the pump and replace it. I don't know anything about the pump (size/type) or the well (depth). It would be nice to have a new pump ready. Possible, or do I have no choice but to pull the pump first? Thank you.
  12. Joseph Skoler

Noisy at well head

Only when the pump is running. I haven’t put an ammeter on it but I have an electric usage monitor and I think it draws about 1000 watts when running (at 240v).
  13. Joseph Skoler

Noisy at well head

I am hoping someone is familiar with this sound and knows what is causing it? Thank you.
  14. Joseph Skoler

Sewer pipes 10-14 degrees out of alignment

Hi Wayne, Thanks very much for the help and education. I went ahead and used two 22.5 degree sched 40 elbows and then a coupler to the mysterious SDR 38. Primed/Glued the whole thing and did not need any ferncos. I hope I did well. Here's what it looks like:
  15. Joseph Skoler

Sewer pipes 10-14 degrees out of alignment

I just discovered that a house I just bought has a 4" SDR 38 sewer pipe at a small angle (approximately 10-14 degrees) off from the inlet to the septic tank. I know that straight is best, but I don't know how to achieve that. Here are a couple of pictures. Any suggestions would be greatly...
  16. Joseph Skoler

Septic pump mounting hardware

Wow -- you recognized the B20! That's a big help. I still don't even know where to begin looking to ID the top and bottom brackets that stick out with 2 fingers perpendicular to the pipe.
  17. Joseph Skoler

Septic pump mounting hardware

I just pulled 2 Goulds septic tank pumps for testing and they both work (yay). But, the hardware is corroded and I need to replace. Can anyone identify these pieces, and maybe a source to buy them? Specifically the lift-off disconnect, the elbow that looks like a tee at the top, and the top...
  18. Joseph Skoler

Double Check Detector Assembly

The local town water department is requiring me to install a Double Check Detector Assembly after their meter on the 2" water main coming in (yes, 2" because the property has ~25 cottages). The Double Check Valve Assembly units are much more widely available and lower cost. Does anyone have...
  19. Joseph Skoler

30 year old Gould 3885 Septic Pump

I can't say I have a complete understanding, but meter pits are very common around here (garden weather zone 4b; Sullivan County, NY) and fully sanctioned by the town water department. I've had a couple at other properties and the piping/meters do not freeze. My rudimentary understanding is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks