Search results

1. MrMackster

Help setting max space heat capacity for Navien NCB 240E

I am not a plumber, but from my experience you can't really rely on the presets on the Navien unless things were designed perfectly. You will need to do load calculations for each zone, figuring out if your pumps are pumping the right GPM, figure out how many feet of slant fin you have, and...
  2. MrMackster

How do I salvage my bad tub spout install

I actually was looking at the Grohe Concetto as my first choice replacement option but it only allows its 1 1/16 from wall to the end of its bushing. I don’t know how long their bushing is but I don’t think I have enough room for a 1/2 inch close nipple + their bushing. I will check out some...
  3. MrMackster

How do I salvage my bad tub spout install

So a few months ago tiles started to fall off my 1960s shower wall at which point I discovered that the drywall and studs were bad from no waterproofing. I took down the remaining tile, put up a new wall and glued up a tub surround. I also took the opportunity to replace the shower valve and...
  4. MrMackster

Need some advice on baseboard BTU and length

Thanks @fitter30. Do you know anything about baseboard couplers? Some of the runs are pretty long so I was thinking something to help with expansion might be nice but reading the slantfin docs on their couplers, they mention that they shouldn’t be installed where an accordion action will take...
  5. MrMackster

Yeah, was just reading that. Maybe a good idea to just replace what's there now and cover the fins later if needed. And yes, my boiler has an outdoor reset functionality, but I am skeptical it will work correctly in my configuration.
  6. MrMackster

My plumber is coming in two weeks and I wanted to be able to have an intelligent conversation about this. I remodeled my second floor, all new insulation, windows, and R60 in my attic. The previous owners converted from steam radiators to hot water baseboard 20+ years ago and I am pretty sure...
  7. MrMackster

How has my new heat ever worked??!! (Navien NCB-240E w/ Taco Zone controller)

Thank you @djdavenport . So it sounds like its plausible some combination of the ODR providing continuity, and zone pumps circulating the water may have caused the boiler to appear to work somewhat correctly? I am still really surprised, I almost didn't believe it when I traced the wires. Two...
  8. MrMackster

How has my new heat ever worked??!! (Navien NCB-240E w/ Taco Zone controller)

I ran into an issue with my new boiler(Navien NCB-240E) was intermittently not firing even though my Taco Zone controller was lit up and zone pumps were on. About ~25 days after install, woke up to a 45 degree house and my eco bee was saying the boiler wasn't working because the temp had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks