Search results

1. 'Pants

LED wafer lites for cathedral ceiling

Yes, I'm going that general direction. AliExpress has some (but not many) vendors selling 12V/24V RGB types, together with whiz-bang controllers and consolidated transformers, just as I started out looking for. And the heads are fed with five-conductor ribbons (maybe 20-ga?) that are not too...
  2. 'Pants

Some sellers like these guys sell and describe this type of head/driver combo being routinely installed in thin-ceiling applications, with extensions of up to 50' to get to a centralized location for drivers...but I don't see much detail on using their larger drivers that apparently will...
  3. 'Pants

Getting my rebuilt LR cathedral ceiling wired for new LED wafer lites has taken FAR longer in the planning than I expect it will in the execution. Ceiling has no cavity - it's solidly filled with iso-board insulation (like SIPs, say) so I've been debating all kinds of issues like potential for...
  4. 'Pants

What adapter do I *need* for this - or does it exist?

You all know those saddle-kits with needle-valves for icemakers, right? Well, I'm fed up with the low life-expectancy of the 1/4" poly compression outlet setup, so to convert to push-lock, I went looking online for what I believe would be called out as a 1/4" female compression x 1/4"...
  5. 'Pants

Grohe faucet handle removal: explosive technique?

Stu - just stumbled back here - not sure I got a notification. But if you're still in that bathroom struggling with these... yes, they do indeed unscrew. I utterly destroyed one getting it off, but at least I found out that they do come off that way. I've got spares if you need. The next...
  6. 'Pants

Sorry - but that's the clunkiest, most confusing forum photo-upload process I've run across to date. But I think the full-size images are up now. Yesterday I sharpened a screwdriver to a chisel-point and tapped all around the joint between cap and handle, for a good fifteen minutes, leaving...
  7. 'Pants

The images are from the Grohe installation booklet for this aging lav faucet. What I really need is a removal manual, I guess. Appears that, as with some other Grohe models, the caps atop the faucet valve-stems just pushed in - when new - but are presumably now retained by a decade or two of...
  8. 'Pants

Rear outlet flange. What seals wall-outlet flange - BEHIND the flange?

Thanks, Terry. Flange wasn't leaking - that I'm aware of - though everything ELSE leaks in the building, so who knows. That old flange has a three-bolt adjustment setup - bolt heads visible under the residue of the wax that was last there. You'd "tighten" or "loosen" those bolts to adjust...
  9. 'Pants

Hey I just stumbled back here randomly and found I'd had a reply or two, but...no notifications? I don't get it. All "my boxes" are checked for alerts, and the thread is set to be "watched," so... do notifications not come from "terrylove" something? Nothing in my gmail account at all under...
  10. 'Pants

I'm renovating the bath in an early-70s condo that's got mostly floor-mount/wall-outlet toilets. With the formerly-rotten wall open and the steel flange a lot cleaner than I found it, I can see that the plane of the flange is noticeably shifted from the plane of the wall. It's probably not so...
  11. 'Pants

new GFCI receptacle & downstream time-hole

I can't believe how many hours I've been trying to get one (of two, new-off-the-shelf) GFCI receptacles to work. By this, I mean that they both perform fine as protected receptacles, but as soon as I connect a neutral extended from the load terminals to any neutral in the central jbox...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks