Search results

1. bluelogic

Fleck 5812 XTR2 (Softner) and Fleck 5810 SXT (Carbon Filter) Shuts Off Water

Hello, My city recently broke a backflow preventer and cleaned out their side of the line. The water from the meter is getting to the carbon filter and the softener; however, twice now the system has completely stopped the flow of water to the house. If I unplug them and plug them back in the...
  2. bluelogic

City clogged my water supply

Hello my water stopped to my house. I called the city and they told me their backflow preventer broke and they came out to try to pull it out on the street side. They were unable to and said it is stuck somewhere in my side between my water softener loop and the street. I was thinking of turning...
  3. bluelogic

Replace Metal Flange on PVC closet flange

So one of my toilets was leaking so I thought maybe the seal went bad. So I decided to lift off the toilet and replace it. Behold the builder flange was completely rusted through. I called a plumber who mentioned they would chisel it out. Looking at my toolbox I was hmmm, I have a chisel and...
  4. bluelogic

Water Heater Expansion Tank Install Options

Hello, My water heater needs an expansion tank. A plumber that has done work for me in the past quoted me $250 total. For labor, parts, and profit that is probably a good price. I'm pretty handy and the plumber is looking to do an install above the water heater with a support strap. That...
  5. bluelogic

Auto shut off on water loop recommendations

so i wanted to ask how do you feel about putting an autoshut on the water loop to my softener instead of the main? I have power next to my water loop as well. I was hoping it would still qualify for insurance discount being it turns water off to whole home as well even though it is the water...
  6. bluelogic

Catalytic Carbon Filter and Softener (Backwash Cycles & Day Overrides)

Hello, I have a Catalytic Carbon Filter before my Softener. I'm on city water with massive amounts of Chloramine. The dealer set the day to override to 7 days for the softener and 5 days for the Catalytic Carbon Filter. He left me instructions on how to change the time for the backwash...
  7. bluelogic

Water Softner Design

Hello, In another thread, I ended up replumbing my catalytic carbon filter and water softener with 100% pex and shark bite removables. I only have dry fitted the connections for now but I was wondering if there is something I should add? For example: A hose connector after the softener. I...
  8. bluelogic

Drain Line Size (8GPM Backflush)

I'm adding a catalytic carbon filter to my water softener. It has an 8GPM backflush and the book recommends a 3/4" drain line. My drain line is 1/2". Do I have to upgrade the drain line? The drain line is PVC runs near the floor and 3 feet long connected to an air gap to a sewer out next to...
  9. bluelogic

Connecting Softner to a 1/2" ID Existing PVC Air Gap Drain

Hello, When I bought my home it came with an existing water loop and drain in the garage. The drain is a 1/2" ID PVC pipe with a swivel connector that goes outside of the garage to a drain with an air gap over a sewer out. The water softener and carbon filter I purchase both use flexible...
  10. bluelogic

Solder and screwed shut off valve

Hello, I have a bad shutoff valve on one of my toilets. I went to buy a sharkbite shut off value and when I removed the nut I saw this! All 9 shut off values in the home look like this. What is the correct thing to do the pipe length is not really long...
  11. bluelogic

EcoSmart Booster vs. ATMOR Tankless Water Heater

I was thinking about getting the EcoSmart Booster and then I saw that the ATMOR Tankless Water Heater can run in ThermoBoost mode at $100 cheaper than the EcoSmart and it is more powerful. Why would I buy the EcoSmart Booster over the ATMOR. Links below to the products...
  12. bluelogic

Fleck vs Genesis Models

Hello, I have my heart set on two water softners with carbon filters but I can't figure out which one is better. The Genesis model is: Genesis Revolution Duo 32,000 Grain Water Softener and Whole House Chlorine Filtration and Removal System $1539 ...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks