Search results

1. Frozen23

Propane gas line

Outside riser to 200K Btus propane water heater is 15 ft and 30 ft to 50K dual oven range, so I am not worried about these distances. Never dealt with propane other than regular installation, so wasn't sure how much pressure do I need to to push 250,000 Btus through 150 ft of 3/4'' pvc pipe. If...
  2. Frozen23

Propane gas line

The underground 3/4'' pipe is yellow pvc with a Con-Stab outside riser. 125 psi rated. Tank to riser is 150 ft.
  3. Frozen23

Propane gas line

My supplier sent 150 ft 3/4'' yellow gas pipe instead of 1''. I didn't check and the line was buried. Two options as I see it: - to replace the line which costs $600 with excavation and materials - to figure out two regulators: one, high pressure, from the propane tank to the riser, another...
  4. Frozen23

Spill switch installation for Honeywell WT8840 gas valve

My plumbing inspector mentioned I need to install a spill switch over my AO Smith natural gas tank water heater exhaust vent. The water heater has WT8840 gas valve. I failed on searching info how to marry SSK-3 switch and WT8840 gas valve. Is there a wiring diagram? Because the one that comes...
  5. Frozen23

Optimal heating/water heating system to install

Yes, mystery is resolved. I put the water heater at 135F and TACO tracks return water at 100F. And today at outside 25F it pumps at 1.1 GPM using only 8 watts. But it can pump at 3 GPM when start the cycle
  6. Frozen23

I think, thanks to you, mystery is solved. Today the flow in secondary loop dropped to 1.1 GPM and I decided to flush the water heater backwards (from supply to return). I believe it was crud that prevented the flow. And it helped - now Grundfos pumping at 3.2 GPM. So i think I'll go to the...
  7. Frozen23

One mystery is solved - it's not manifolds. Grundfos 26-99 is pumping like crazy - all 9 manifold balancing valves show 1.25 GPM. TACO on cold water started at 2.6 GPM but on return above 100F dropped to 1.1 GPM (viscosity, i guess). And now i have the same issue i had before - low return...
  8. Frozen23

There is nothing fancy there
  9. Frozen23

I think 2.5-2.6 GPM will be enough for the system It's really noticeable difference - about 50 ccf/month less. And the other thing with a water heater of 40 KBTUs multiplied on .62EF - it doesn't warm up the house in colder weather. So yor are suggesting kind of this scheme. The only change...
  10. Frozen23

No, I went on a spree and first used 40-Gal Tank water heater. It performed nice until i saw the bill for gas - with it's efficiency close to 62% i switched to Takagi TH3M. First i thought it's Takagi limiting the flow. Nope, it has a 7 GPM limit. Also while purging the system the flow raises...
  11. Frozen23

Hi Dana, i designed the system and now I have a conundrum on hands I don't know what to do with. I installed TACO VT2218 and at 130F it returns around 106F on 4th speed (60W or .5 Amp). On a cold day it's kind of not enough and my next move was to install more powerful Grundfos 26-99. I did and...
  12. Frozen23

Dana, do you ever designed the system that allows weather compensation of supply water inside a water heater? Kind of a dynamic t-stat control with an outdoor temperature sensor. The lower the temperature outside the higher supply water. Of course one can control supply water with an electronic...
  13. Frozen23

Thank you, Dana for reply. My question is about components of the system. I'am going to put an ECM pump (TACO VT2218) for the radiant heating loop. If i find a potable water rated ECM pump for the main loop from a tank will they drive each other crazy constantly speeding up and slowing down ot...
  14. Frozen23

The pipe will be 1/2' pex-al-pex. There is less sense in creating additional heating zones in one big thermal envelope with no insulation inside. I mean, i lived in Europe with brick inner walls and it helped to keep different temperatures in different rooms with hydronic thermostats. Here i...
  15. Frozen23

Hi, i'am remodeling my house in NY 12603. It's a major overhaul. There was an air-forced furnace with ducts, but the house was abandoned for 8 years and i decided not to mess with a system that has no records of previous proper work. I will be installing 2400 ft of radiant pex pipe on top of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks