Search results

1. Kenny Mapes

IPC wet vent question

In IPC (2017 Florida Building Code - Residential, Sixth Edition) can a wet vent change elevation? (Red arrow) The load on the 2" pipe is 3 dfu and increases to 3" to handle the additional 2 dfu of the tub entering the wet vent. Structural wood beams force the change in elevation and prevent the...
  2. Kenny Mapes

Rotten egg smell from well water

Is it a "rotten egg" smell? If no my reply is moot. I am also in Florida the Fleck system you referenced seems to be for iron depending on the depth of the well the smell is most likely H2S (hydrogen sulfide,turns copper black) My well is 550' deep the H2S is in water due to bacteria in the...
  3. Kenny Mapes

Tub and shower vent confusion

I thought this might be better Would this require a clean out? I quoted the wrong trap arm length for 2" it should be less than 5 feet.
  4. Kenny Mapes

Outlet placement please help

thanks for the info I'm trying to meet code, place outlets where I feel I will require them while minimizing the number cut into the outside wall, it is a SIP and excessive outlets will decrease the r value of the walls
  5. Kenny Mapes

Outlet placement please help

As per NEC 210.52 the 6 foot 12 foot rule and no outlets below a counter overhang greater than 6 inches. where does the 6 feet start at the cabinet of at the end of the overhang?
  6. Kenny Mapes

Tub and shower vent confusion

Tub and Shower branch I had this But then thought the bathtub was not vented properly. The location of the vent pipe is the only place this branch runs under a wall. Should the BT arm come in downstream of the vent pipe to properly vent this? Both trap arms are less than 6 feet.
  7. Kenny Mapes

No bubbles in sink please

I have a kitchen sink drain with dishwasher and a clothes washer coming together. I don't want bubbles in my kitchen sink. Will this prevent that? All 2" PVC the vertical pipe is the vent
  8. Kenny Mapes

Slope Confusion

I'm a DIY working on a new construction project in Florida so I'm under IPC rules I now have a septic tank below grade that pumps into the leach field which is 30" above grade. The current septic tank is in the path of the new construction and will be abandoned and or removed and a new tank...
  9. Kenny Mapes

New Construction Help

I brought the washer and kitchen sink in downstream of the bathroom groups and got rid of the below flood line horizontal vent Master Bath Master Angle 2 to better show washer routing Guest Bath Wet vent on left for bathroom kitchen vent on right If I use low flow toilets is it better to use...
  10. Kenny Mapes

New Construction Help

I reworked it can the washer come into it like this? or is it required to be completely outside the bathroom group? The trap arm on the bathtub is less than (<) 5' and the shower is more than (>) 4" Toilet arm < 6' I just learned 2 - 2" vents were not enough to vent this by area. So I went with...
  11. Kenny Mapes

New Construction Help

I know it doesn't look it but the vent from the bathtub and shower slope 1/4" per foot up to the vent that goes out the roof . Minimum 12" above the overflow of the highest attached fixture. Is that not correct? Are you referring to the sharing of the bathroom wet vents with the kitchen sink and...
  12. Kenny Mapes

New Construction Help

Can someone please point me in the right direction with my new construction project. I consider myself an advanced DIY but never designed an DWV system from the ground up The Master bath Do I have enough venting? The developed length of the lav arm is too long for 1.5" so I increased it to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks