Search results

1. plumbud

24v relay with loud humm and no noise from circulartor

half of my basement is actually somewhat finished. i just completed that task, but I chose not to insulate in the basement so we could enjoy the coolness in the summer months, we just put brand new R38 batts up in the attic when we had to remove old vermiculite which was the best thing we could...
  2. plumbud

What a wealth of information thanks!! I'll let you know once the circulator is swapped
  3. plumbud

I did want to ask about that, Furnace being around 27 years old, I actually had to replace alot of parts before i got to this point. 1. Initially the pilot wouldn't light because the connection was weak, replacing the pilot starter resolved the problem. 2. Ancient Auto air vent started weeping...
  4. plumbud

After inspecting the circulator last night The only noise you hear is a very unique electrical buzz completely different from the low humm of circulating water, as was said probably because the relay is outputting more power then needed to get the rotor moving so judging by this i'm confident...
  5. plumbud

Thanks for the excellent advice! I'll double check and see if I feel anything or hear anything coming out of that circulator.
  6. plumbud

locked/ binding circulator sounds plausible, last time I touched the circulator for the trouble zone, I didn't feel or hear any sounds of movement, however that circulator gets extremely hot, hotter then other working zones.. I'll double check it, in the event that is bound, I believe you can...
  7. plumbud

Each zone has it's own taco circulator 007. it's strange because I only seen 3 taco pumps on each zone return I've never found the 4th pump.. I don't believe there is one because it should be outside the boiler correct? I'll have to grab some photos. I don't see any zone valves the only...
  8. plumbud

I'm pretty sure that the zone relay operates different circulator pumps, and i'm thinking the culprit is the zone relay itself, but the zone relay is only failing on one zone, this is the replacement part I've been thinking of swapping out. I notice that it buzzes louder when trying to operate...
  9. plumbud

three thermostats, one for each zone.
  10. plumbud

My theory of repair would be to 1. replace the 24v relay, if that doesn't resolve the issue, then replace the circulator pump, does this sound right?
  11. plumbud

I've actually looked over my system a few times i do not believe I have electronically controlled zone valves, but just regular shut off valves, it's an older system. thanks for the suggestion!
  12. plumbud

Hello, I have a weil Mclain series 10 CGM boiler, 27 years old apparently. Still runs really well. It heats three zones, I have a one story home, pressure is a constant reliable 15 psi and the boiler heats well, one day I noticed the boiler relay humming extra loudly and wouldn't turn off. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks