Search results

1. Midriller

Low pressure after switch from copper to PEX

Did you use crimp ring or uponor style pex?
  2. Midriller

Cycle Stop Valve voided my well pump warranty???

My Flint and Walling Pumps wont drop but maybe 20%. I will have to see if the SQE/SQ pumps are able to drop like that as we pul a ton of them in, and a simple pump out tool will "act" like a CSV for testing reasons. I personally have never seen this type of amp reduction in a 2 wire pump, but...
  3. Midriller

What brand and model of the pump you have shown in this curve?
  4. Midriller

I would never expect to see a motor drop more than 25% in a residential setting. Also the motor is warmer when the CSV is closed than when open, but is cooler than if it we're in a short cycling scenario. This is also why a CSV has never been considered to "save electricity"
  5. Midriller

Help Needed from Any Scala2 or VFD Experts

I would also recommend to add a wx-101 or 102 tank down stream from pump if the pressure increase will be as low as 10 psi at times, with an incoming pressure of 60 the pump is over producing and building faster at 35 hz than your kitchen faucet can flow. I'm pretty sure Scala 2 max input...
  6. Midriller

Dented pressure tank. Use it or swap for another?

Its on the air side, don't worry about it. If it was on the water side or near the crimp ring, you will be fine......plus you have 7 years to figure out that i'm wrong..... then you get a free tank.
  7. Midriller

Deep well - PVC crack between pump and torque arrestor

Your logic is flawed, This may be true in a system improperly set up with a check at the bottom and one at the top. In my set up if lets say Check valve #4 closes slowly (#2 is carrying the pressure from tank) How does that have anything to do with water hammer on start up. IT DOESN'T!!!!!! How...
  8. Midriller

Shallow Well Jet Pump-Not drawing water-low pressure

If your tank is precharged to 28 or 38 psi it's not uncommon for the water in your pump to make some pressure against a tank/closed valve. I often plumb a throttle valve on the output side of the pump for diagnostics. Sometimes you can tap on the check to get it to free up and open. I'm...
  9. Midriller

Also double door/silent checks will still chatter at low flow, not commonly used in residential stuff, but when the flow drops they chatter, Have you ever seen an old tractor with the pivoting exhaust cover that at low idle tings as it closes every few seconds, this has nothing to do with...
  10. Midriller

In this (crappy) drawing of this guy's well. #1 static is based off the fact he said he didn't want to use galv. under water so almost all the PVC is in static. This seems less likely to me so static #2 is 200' above the pump at the same level or within 20' as check #12. In what scenario...
  11. Midriller

Shallow Well Jet Pump-Not drawing water-low pressure

Vacuum gauge will tell you how much suction you have. What brand of pump is it?
  12. Midriller

Your equating a single stage manure pump to a 9 stage or better well pump. Stages are offset for this reason....... The reason a check valve chatters is because the low flow CSV or VFD just tips one side of the check valve open and the check valve rocks back and forth. Flomatic, (who makes the...
  13. Midriller

I understand what your saying but how do you get transient waves when your second check valve is below or less than 40' above static. you don't.... and as long as water cannot leave the string from a column of water that extends past 40' above static no water hammer is possible.... no exceptions...
  14. Midriller

You pull 82 pumps a day and still have time to be on here..... You mean like the CSV guy saying CSV's cure all your well problems............ I can drain the oil out of my car and it solve my oil leaks but am I better off????? My experience in the industry, pulling pumps every day, and my...
  15. Midriller

If the pump is set shallow (under 200') I use 1 check valve at the pump, over 200 I use multiple check valves. Its not about "trying" anything. There are rules, if you follow them you don't have issues, if you install check valves willy nilly wherever you please, you can have issues.
  16. Midriller

True, but your check valves will fail more rapidly from holding higher static pressures, on shallower wells 1 check is all that is needed because we have very little static pressures in comparison to a system that requires multiple checks and installing checks where you should not can lead to...
  17. Midriller

Again you are assuming there is no bottom check valve or the bottom check valve has failed this is THE ONLY WAY to get negative pressure. If you put two check valves below static you (I.e. stock check then a midwest spring check directly above it. Hydraulic pressure can not be a negative in...
  18. Midriller

I strongly disagree, a sticking check valve can cause water hammer as it slams shut. Multiple check valves will not, each check valve represents the bottom of your water column pressure for that section. Your theory is correct if there is only a check valve at the top. The reason you space them...
  19. Midriller

Any quality pump manufacture REQUIRES a check valve every 100' pumps set over 150', multiple check valves do not cause water hammer poor quality check valves do.(i.e. Stock poppet check valves) This is done to eliminate the amount the amount of head pressure on each check valve on start up...
  20. Midriller

Well losing pressure

If you have a constant leak back and brownish water.... In my experience it is almost always a leak on your drop pipe, the leak "pressure washes" the casing and disturbs the scale causing discoloration and debris. Fix the leak and purge the well, and the discoloration should leave. As Far as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks