Search results

1. winesalot

Slimy Water Buildup

Hi, We have a winery that gets it's water from a deep well in mostly granite. Our water is very hard. We found that it was nearly impossible to get our wine glasses spot free which is an important factor in the wine tasting experience. (Spots = dirty = bad wine). We installed a whole house...
  2. winesalot

Slimy buildup

We found our water was very hard so I installed a water softener. No I am finding anywhere water is stagnant (around the edge of a toilet bowl or in a floor sink) I am finding a clear/whitish slimy buildup. Any idea what this is and how to prevent it?
  3. winesalot

Water Softener Before Cistern?

Good Morning!!! Currently I have a 547' deep well with a 5gpm 1hp 230v 1ph Grundfos Submersible Pump that pumps water in to a 3800 gallon cistern. From the cistern there is a 2" PVC pipe that feeds our winery which is 100' below the cistern and is fully fed with gravity (no pump). Within the...
  4. winesalot

House Pump From Cistern

Background: We have a 547' deep well with a 5gpm 1hp 230v 1ph Grundfos Submersible Pump that pumps water in to a 3800 gallon cistern. There is a 2" PVC pipe that feeds our winery which is 100' below the cistern and is fully fed with gravity (no pump). Next Step: We are getting ready to build...
  5. winesalot

1/2" Uponor PEX to Mop Sink Faucet

Hey guys, I have a small janitorial closet in my new building. When we did the rough in I pushed in two 1/2" uponor pex for the hot and cold water. I'm ready to install the faucet and I'm not sure how to connect the two. They type of faucet I'm wanting is like this one...
  6. winesalot

Two Sinks One Drain/Vent

Hey there, I need to install two sinks on the single drain/vent. The sink to the left is about 15 feet from the drain and will be on the near side. The sink to the right will be about 4 feet to the right of the drain and will be on the other side of the wall. What would be the correct to code...
  7. winesalot

Full Recirculating Pump System - Which Pump

I am getting ready to build and want a full recirculating pump system. When I look at supplyhouse.com or other sources I only see pumps/systems with the crossover valve to be used at your furthest sink. It will be a simple prospect to plumb a single main hot water supply line with tee's for...
  8. winesalot

Size Of PVC Pipe

Hi. I need to figure out what size pipe I should us to run water from one end of the building to another. Here are the details. Service comes in to the building from and underground 2" PVC pipe at 44 psi. (Gravity fed from a cistern) I will run the pipe up to the interior wall to the...
  9. winesalot

Distance Between Supports?

Hi and thanks in advance for your help. I need to run 1-1/4 Uponor Pex for my radiant heat and 1" PVC potable water pipe in the overhead of my winery. My plan is to hang strut as a raceway using all-thread attached to my roof purlins. Question is how far apart should I put the sections of...
  10. winesalot

What Water Line Is Allowed Under A Slab

I am getting ready to pour the slab for our commercial building in Manson, WA and I need to run the domestic water lines. Barring it being against code my plan is to run a continuation of the 2" S-40 PVC under the slab and tee off with 1" Uponor PEX to each main location in the building. There...
  11. winesalot

Watts 2" Pressure Reducer Problem

i have a Watts 2" Pressure Reducer that worked perfectly last year but this year I cannot adjust pressure. I seems to work perfectly at 20 psi but when I tighten the adjustment bolt/spring downstream pressure does not increase. I have disassembled and checked all the internal components and...
  12. winesalot

How To Comply With Code On Potable Water Lines

I have a cistern with potable water in it supplied by my well. The cistern is 100 ft higher than the building site so I get 44 psi supplied to the building with 2" pvc pipe. The building we are putting up is 160 x 50 with three primary uses; a wine tasting room at one end, a wine production...
  13. winesalot

Please Explain Types Of Sewer & Drain Pipe

Looking for an explanation of the different uses for green S&D pipe, black drain pipe, thinner walled white S&D pipe, etc. I am not sure which is used for which purpose. Thanks in advance.
  14. winesalot

Help on Rough In

We are getting ready to build a new building which is an 8100 sqft building as show in the attachment. The green lines reflect the basic septic pipe & tank layout. What I am looking for is some help on the in slab rough in drain lines. The only fixture not shown is a floor sink in the 'food...
  15. winesalot

Radiant Boiler & Distribution System Share

I am almost done with the radiant boiler and distribution manifold for our soon to be built winery building. What you don't see is 5 separate tubing manifolds located throughout the 8100 sqft building and nearly 10,000 feet of 1/2" pex that will be in the 6" slab floor. (If you look closely...
  16. winesalot

Propane Piping

Hi and thanks in advance for your help. We are building a slab on grade building. Our heat source will be an electric boiler and in slab radiant tubing. We are also going to have a propane tank to supply the range in the kitchen. I would like to run the propane lines under the slab before we...
  17. winesalot

Question On Pressure Tank Mount

I am building my radiant manifold. So far so good. I am waiting for the boiler to arrive before finishing. The boiler will sit where the big piece of paper is on the left of the picture. I am trying to figure out a good way to hold the pressure tank to the wood. so it is firmly in place but...
  18. winesalot

Uponor PEX Expansion Tool

i have a Milwaukee M12 PEX Expansion tool that has 1/2, 3/4, & 1" expansion heads. My new building radiant design calls for a 1-1/4" feeder line to a remote radiant heat manifold. I spoke to the designer about reducing that feeder line to 1" and he ran the head loss calculations and told be it...
  19. winesalot

Help Me Pick A Pump

We have a low volume well with a well pump already installed that moves water from the well to a cistern. The bottom of the cistern is 6' below ground. I need to pick a pump that will supply a single story 5000 sqft 4 bedroom home about 50' away from the cistern. I would like to put a...
  20. winesalot

Do You Like Wine?

I am looking for a knowledgeable plumber to help me lay out my underground rough in for a slab on grade new construction project. I'd love to trade the help for award winning wine. PM me if you're interested.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks