Search results

1. Ted T

Is .35 ppm chlorine level high enough to rate filtering pre-water softener?

Getting ready to put in a water softener and was advised to install a GAC filter to remove chlorine ahead of the softener. I have city water (no iron) and chlorine level range of .22-.35 ppm with a running annual average of .30 ppm. Is this high enough to rate installing a filter? (I live in...
  2. Ted T

Bathroom exhaust duct sizing

Hi all, I think this is the correct forum for these questions - if not, let me know and I'll lift and shift. Question #1: If most of a bathroom exhaust duct run is 3" diameter steel pipe, is there any benefit to having bigger duct (4"-6" round galvanized steel) at either end, and/or a bigger...
  3. Ted T

Noisy Toto Ultramax

To start, I'd like to thank Terry and all of the contributors here - this site is where I've learned the majority of my (limited) plumbing skills over the years. Here's my problem: I just replaced two Sterling toilets with Toto Ultramaxs. While I like the look, and the fit is perfect, I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks