Search results

1. R

Leak in Shower - Plumber's Visit

Need your opinion on this situation: We have a stall shower that was redone about 5 years ago by Bath Fitters which, of course, means the shower is covered in the one-piece (almost) acrylic unit. At the time of installation, they put in a Moen one-handle pull type faucet. Fine - its been...
  2. R

Replace Moen Shower Cartridge Question

Oh, come on - $500, really. I would never have a plumber out who would charge so much. Maybe in New York City or London :D I asked hubby tonight and he said the guy he wants me to call charges $85/hour which, I think, includes the trip charge. Couldn't possibly take more than an hour to...
  3. R

Shower Drip Mystery

David, This is a shower stall so there is not a bottom faucet. I am talking about a hand-held shower head. To make my sentence more clear, well, the shower head does not drip during the day when water is being used - it only starts dripping in the morning about 4 hours after my husband...
  4. R

Replace Moen Shower Cartridge Question

Would a plumber be able to replace the cartridge of a Moen shower faucet (the one handle variety) with a dripping problem if they didn't know the model number. I am assuming they could just take it apart and tell by looking at the cartridge? Approx. (I know there is a price difference in...
  5. R

Turn off water & gas water heater question

Jim, I just looked and our gas water heater does have a pilot mode - so, if we turn it to this, there wouldn't be a problem IF the water heater happend to leak and the water was turned off at the main?? Thanks, Ruby
  6. R

Shower Drip Mystery

Thanks for the replies. I didn't make myself clear in the first message - the expansion tank is only about 4 years old - it wouldn't be shot by now, would it? Also, answering markts30 reply, when the shower faucet is dripping and I use the toilet in the other bathroom plus use the cold...
  7. R

Turn off water & gas water heater question

Is it okay to turn off the water at the main when going on vacation (5 days) if you have a gas water heater? Also, does the water company care if you do that or should they be notified? Someone told us it wouldn't be good if the water heater got a leak and then couldn't fill up. We have...
  8. R

Shower Drip Mystery

Well, it's a mystery to us - maybe not to a plumber <g>. We have a stall shower with a hand held shower head - in the master bedroom. Overnight, and if the water hasn't been used in the house until say, 8 or 9 a.m., the shower head will start dripping. After the water has been used, it...
  9. R

Subflooring Under Toilet Problem

We are pretty sure the plumbing is cast iron. The flange is on top of the finished floor. It does not have a double wax ring. The toilet is pretty stable unless you purposely try and rock it. It sounds as though you are saying the repair has to be done from above - no way to replace the...
  10. R

Subflooring Under Toilet Problem

The subflooring under our toilet has rotted due to a toilet leak we didn't know we had. The toilet can no longer be screwed to the flooring so that the toilet won't rock. What is involved in repairing this problem? And, what would the approximate cost be? I know prices vary depending on...
  11. R

Acrylic Shower Liner Repair

Can anyone recommend a good caulk for the purpose I stated in my first message? Thanks, Ruby
  12. R

Acrylic Shower Liner Repair

We replaced our stall shower with a Bath Fitters acrylic liner - walls, floor, ceiling, etc. That was 5 yrs. and 5 mos. ago - it was warranted for 5 years...of course. A couple of days ago, I noticed a hair line crack in the base near the drain - about 4" away. The crack is about 1" long...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks