Search results

1. Yang

Gas tank water heater water usage when no one is at home

This is a really dump question. Will gas tank water heater consumes a small amount of water even when no one is at home? Came up this question while reading some discussion about leaving gas heater on while on vacation. Thanks.
  2. Yang

Sewage ejection pump sucks water out of toilet

the vent pipe above the roof is 3 in. It is two story SFH, and we have over 1 ft snow on the ground so it is hard to get to the roof. Someone mentioned vent pipe in the attic should be insulated to prevent the freezing. Does this make sense? I thought the warm gas from sewage should be adequate...
  3. Yang

are there any other possibilities I should look at?
  4. Yang

Just noticed for the past several weeks, every time when my sewage ejection pump in the basement is running, the water in the toilet bowl get sucked out. This happens to all three toilets in my house, from basement to 2nd fl. My first response is blocked vent. But I do not have drainage issue so...
  5. Yang

Kohler canister style toilet running after flush

I spent this week closely monitoring this toilet. What I noticed, every time after the flush, the black canister moved closewisely a little bit. Over the time, the chain is stretched too far and the canister fails to fall completely. Should I go ahead replacing the canister?
  6. Yang

This is how my toilet looks like. When it is running, the tank is not filling. don't think it is due to twisted chain either.
  7. Yang

I didn’t see anything abnormal except the canister is not sealed. By jiggling the handle, started to fill the tank. I didn’t notice the obvious twisted chain.
  8. Yang

i have a five year old Kohler toilet with their canister style design. Once in a while, several days, after normal flush, the water will keep running. The tank is not filled. I just need to jiggle the handle a couple of times, it will go back filling the tank and everything seems to be fine. It...
  9. Yang

Dripping sound in the drain pipe when gas furnace is on

I have a high efficiency gas furnace in the attic of 2 story house. The condensation is connected to the basement sewer ejection pump. Every time when the furnace is running, I can hear consistent dripping sound behind the wall somewhere between the first floor and basement every 5-10 seconds...
  10. Yang

Strange water hammer

Thanks reach4, I will buy one from HD this week.
  11. Yang

Strange water hammer

Actually I only did cold line so far. But yes, I attached the arrestor on the faucet end. Will buy another one this weekend and attach to the washer to see if it improves.
  12. Yang

Strange water hammer

I bought a new Electrolux washer. Now, every time when finishing filling the water, there would be a loud bang. Did some research found out this is quite normal with newer washing machine. I installed one mini arrestor, doesn't help too much. But something strange happen randomly. My washing...
  13. Yang

Shower leak question

I accidentally noticed the wall paint bubbling in the finish basement. There is a shower stall right above it. So I stopped using the shower stall for a few days. Using the moisture meter to make sure it is dry. I went back using the shower once by myself. No further leak. The my 7yr started to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks