Search results

1. Dogwell

Tub Acrylic Too Thin?

Hello. We picked up this tub and noticed that half of the tub seems to have very thin walls. Please see attached screenshots comparing left hand side with right. I just put my phone's flashlight inside the tub to see how thick the walls were. Is this common? Will it become an issue down the...
  2. Dogwell

Moving valve location to opposite valve under alcove bathtub

Hello. I had a plumber come out to quote today to install a tub and move the valve location to the opposite wall so we don't have to reach over a toilet. He said he doesn't like to make holes through exterior walls and suggested that the PEX pipe be routed through the gap underneath the acrylic...
  3. Dogwell

Drain for freestanding tub

Hi All. We are remodeling and are not sure on the options for this tub drain. We have post tension slab so breaking the concrete is not really an option this drain is about 2 ft from the wall making the tub stick out quite a bit. I've seen a lot of freestanding tubs come with flexible hose...
  4. Dogwell

Tub Shower Diverter / Default Shower

Hi All. I could really use some help in finding an option for a tub / shower combo. We are renovating and keeping the tub, but it is used rarely. Is there a valve that will set the Shower as default with an integrated diverter to switch to the tub so we do not have to pull up on the tub spout...
  5. Dogwell

Tub/Shower Combo to Shower Only Conversion - Post Tension Slab

Hi All. We have a new build house and are doing some tub to shower conversions. The house is in AZ on post tension slab. I had a plumber come out today to give me a quote and I didn't quite understand why he was saying we'd need to cut into the slab. I've always been advised with post tension...
  6. Dogwell

Recommended toilets - we need 5 - prefer skirted

Hi All. We are renovating a house and are looking to get 5 new toilets. Because of the sheer quantity, I'm not going to be able to splurge. I'm ideally looking for toilets that are skirted so that cleaning is much easier. Can you please recommend something for me? Many thanks!
  7. Dogwell

Do I need an expansion tank?

Hi all. I had a faulty thermostat replaced in my water heater last week and the plumber told me that the wh was leaking and needed to be replaced. While getting quotes for replacement, another plumber told me I would need to get a thermal expansion tank as well. The first plumber did not mention...
  8. Dogwell

Multiple POU tankless with 50 gallon tank?

Hi. I added an update to my water heater forum and found this tankless thread so thought I would post here too for some help. We have a 3 bathroom house with well water. We've installed a CSV valve set at 65 psi and have a 50 gallon electric State water heater with both elements recently...
  9. Dogwell

Pressure Tank and CSV

Hello. Our contractor told us that our pressure tank is shot and should be replaced. We were set to replace it with a 80 or 119 gallon tank then I came across the CSV website. I've spoken to Cary several times and he's been very helpful. I spoke to my contractor about the CSV, and he said he...
  10. Dogwell

Runnning out of hot water. Help please.

Hi. We bought a house last year that needs updating and I need some advice on our hot water issue. We're a multi generational family with 4 adults and 2 children. The house has 3 bathrooms. We currently have a 50 gallon electric water heater (ES652DORT) and run out of hot water if two people try...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks