Search results

1. Dogwell

Drain for freestanding tub

Thank you for that photo! Do you think this would work on a cement slab (post tension so we cannot break it without expensive xray)? The plumber says it's impossible to install a freestanding tub on slab without an island drain. While I understand it may be difficult, I was hoping there may be...
  2. Dogwell

Hi All. Here are some spec sheets of the tub I ordered along with a photo showing the gray drain that came with the tub and the original drain that was plumbed in the house. Plumber suggested I either stick with the cheap thin white flex drain shown in the photo or build a platform for the...
  3. Dogwell

Tub Acrylic Too Thin?

Hello. We picked up this tub and noticed that half of the tub seems to have very thin walls. Please see attached screenshots comparing left hand side with right. I just put my phone's flashlight inside the tub to see how thick the walls were. Is this common? Will it become an issue down the...
  4. Dogwell

Moving valve location to opposite valve under alcove bathtub

Thanks! A few other plumbers (with much higher prices) said they'd need to reroute through the studs or go up through the attic. This seems like a much simpler option and in retrospect, a no-brainer!
  5. Dogwell

Moving valve location to opposite valve under alcove bathtub

Hello. I had a plumber come out to quote today to install a tub and move the valve location to the opposite wall so we don't have to reach over a toilet. He said he doesn't like to make holes through exterior walls and suggested that the PEX pipe be routed through the gap underneath the acrylic...
  6. Dogwell

Thank you. I just remember the old eye sore from before so need to wrap my head around this option.
  7. Dogwell

Hi Jeff. Yes. That is the shower area.
  8. Dogwell

Thanks! Does the horizontal offset drain need to be angled at all? Should we use 45 degree elbows? Or is a straight horizontal drain actually allowed? Do you think going for a drop in tub with more standard drain and overflows is a better option?
  9. Dogwell

Thank you. We haven't purchased a tub yet because we don't really know what the options are. This has me very confused. Originally there was a small tub with a HUGE deck that took up half the bathroom. We are open to freestanding tub simply for the looks, but are also happy to build a smaller...
  10. Dogwell

It's a slab on grade. Unfortunately the cost for getting the x-ray is not in our budget. Can you please explain what we would have to do to be able to offset the drain above the floor? Can we just extend the horizontal pipe? Thank you. Unfortunately getting the xray is out of budget so if we...
  11. Dogwell

It's a slab on grade. Unfortunately the cost for getting the x-ray is not in our budget. Can you please explain what we would have to do to be able to offset the drain above the floor? Can we just extend the horizontal pipe? Thank you. Unfortunately getting the xray is out of budget so if we...
  12. Dogwell

Thank you. Unfortunately getting the cement x-rayed is out of the budget so we will have to stick to the location if we can't move the drain. Thank you for the link to the side drain!
  13. Dogwell

Hi All. We are remodeling and are not sure on the options for this tub drain. We have post tension slab so breaking the concrete is not really an option this drain is about 2 ft from the wall making the tub stick out quite a bit. I've seen a lot of freestanding tubs come with flexible hose...
  14. Dogwell

Tub Shower Diverter / Default Shower

Hi All. I could really use some help in finding an option for a tub / shower combo. We are renovating and keeping the tub, but it is used rarely. Is there a valve that will set the Shower as default with an integrated diverter to switch to the tub so we do not have to pull up on the tub spout...
  15. Dogwell

Tub/Shower Combo to Shower Only Conversion - Post Tension Slab

Hi All. We have a new build house and are doing some tub to shower conversions. The house is in AZ on post tension slab. I had a plumber come out today to give me a quote and I didn't quite understand why he was saying we'd need to cut into the slab. I've always been advised with post tension...
  16. Dogwell

Recommended toilets - we need 5 - prefer skirted

Hi All. We are renovating a house and are looking to get 5 new toilets. Because of the sheer quantity, I'm not going to be able to splurge. I'm ideally looking for toilets that are skirted so that cleaning is much easier. Can you please recommend something for me? Many thanks!
  17. Dogwell

Combined carbon filtration + water softening system in 2 tanks versus 1 tank

Hi Ditttohead, can you please help me? We will be moving from a well in MD to city water in Mesa AZ. I spoke to a few companies re water softening and am getting conflicting advice. I truly do not know what the best system for us will be. Should we also get a carbon filter? One company says no...
  18. Dogwell

Do I need an expansion tank?

Hi all. I had a faulty thermostat replaced in my water heater last week and the plumber told me that the wh was leaking and needed to be replaced. While getting quotes for replacement, another plumber told me I would need to get a thermal expansion tank as well. The first plumber did not mention...
  19. Dogwell

Runnning out of hot water. Help please.

Our pressure was quite low to start with. We are on a well and after adding the CSV it improved drastically. We set it to 60psi. Our showers have dual heads which we weren't able to use prior to the CSV but have enjoyed after the CSV. Won't a drop of 15psi be very noticeable? Sorry if I sound...
  20. Dogwell

Runnning out of hot water. Help please.

The bell curve shows a loss of about 8psi at a flow rate of 4gpm and 15psi at flow rate of 6gpm. Did we interpret something wrong?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks