Search results

1. 2002sheds

Leak under concrete slab? Where?

I’m just wondering now if it is worth it to replace those valves, or if it is almost a waste of time and money… Thanks, David
  2. 2002sheds

Hi Reach, I do not hear water moving in the valve at the back of the house after shutting off the front valve. Thanks, David
  3. 2002sheds

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the response! I was referring to the idea that I would use pex to directly transition from the copper, but my plumber corrected me on that mistake immediately... Thanks, David
  4. 2002sheds

Hi Reach, All, I just returned from the rental house, and I am more confused than ever. Here is what I learned -- some of this info may be completely irrelevant -- that's how confused I became... There are two valves that shut off the water at the house. The one out front, on the pipe from...
  5. 2002sheds

Hi Terry, Thanks very much! I agree about using PEX. My plumber said PEX is not approved for exterior use, but I wonder if that extends to transition fittings like Sharkbite (like I said, my copper soldering skills are a work in progress)? I will definitely rough in the hot...
  6. 2002sheds

After getting a bit of much needed sleep, I may have gained some clarity… when I was checking to see if everything was shut off, I did turn off the supply to the water heater. I am also pretty sure that the water heater was not running for any of the time I was searching for the leak. This is...
  7. 2002sheds

Hi Fitter, Jeff, Fitter, I will definitely check out the line covers — thanks! And Jeff, to answer your questions, this is a early 1950s house with original touches like the the tile in the bath and kitchen. We’ll probably hang onto it for some time… I agree that there are...
  8. 2002sheds

Hi Terry, Thanks very much for the response — I appreciate it! I should’ve better described the house. The water currently comes into the house near the kitchen (cold water for the kitchen faucet is branched off of that pipe). From there my best guess is that the cold line resembles...
  9. 2002sheds

Hi All, This forum has been fantastic, so I am hoping that you all can help me yet again :) We have a rental house that was built in the early 1950s and it has a concrete slab. You probably already know where this is going… When we bought the house, the living room floor had a...
  10. 2002sheds

What was typical rough-in shower/tub in the 50s... copper?

Hi Terry, What brought you to Santa Rosa? Just curious… Thanks, David
  11. 2002sheds

Wow, I must be getting old faster than I thought... the place that I read about not using pex to the tub spout was HERE, in THIS thread! Sorry, Jim, credit needs to go to you on that great tip ! Thanks, David
  12. 2002sheds

Hi John, It must be a regional thing... the plumbing is all original, and all galvanized. Thanks, David
  13. 2002sheds

Hi Jeff, Thanks very much -- you hit several nails on the head! I can access the whole setup via the closet that is behind the shower, so that is a great idea (opening the whole thing. Currently, only a small section has been cut to provide access). The quote of around $1,200 is...
  14. 2002sheds

Hi Terry, Thanks a bunch! I had no idea that there was a Santa Rosa connection... :-) Where my family lives (also in Santa Rosa, also in an early 1950s house) we have a walkout basement, so I can see quite a bit of the rough plumbing. Everything I can see is galvanized. If the...
  15. 2002sheds

Hi Jim, Thanks very much -- I appreciate it ! I am hoping to tackle this myself, which is why I am hoping that PEX is a good option. My soldering skills are questionable, but my PEX fu is strong :) Great point about the bracing of the valve... I guess that my best bet is to remove...
  16. 2002sheds

Hi All, I am needing to replace the 1950's 3 handle (hot, cold, and shower/tub) valve assembly in my mother-in-law's 1950s house, and I am considering a Moen setup that uses PEX. When I have replaced the stem for the shower head, it appears that the small part that I can see in the...
  17. 2002sheds

Temperature fluctuations shower

Hi John, Thanks very much! With the time spent pulling the cartridge, it may be best for me to assume that I will need to replace it. And I have a fine mesh filter that I installed where the water comes into the building, but I think a filter that is more specific to this line is a...
  18. 2002sheds

Hi John, Thanks! I’m sorry I missed your reply the other day. I will search the internet for the way to disassemble the valve and check the cartridge. Thanks Again, David
  19. 2002sheds

Maybe this solved…? I pulled the shower head and cleaned a small amount of grit and hard water deposits from the rubber “nipples”. Seems to not fluctuate anymore… David
  20. 2002sheds

Hi All, I’m a bit stumped by this one… we have a second “cottage” on our property that is heated via a Noritz tankless heater. The shower is the furthest away from the water heater, and the bathroom sink just before the shower (and on the same plumbing) is showing no issues with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks