Search results

1. TheGewp

Toto Push plates

Delete please
  2. TheGewp

Curve PEX around niche?

Are there any drawbacks to running a pex line from the mixer to the shower head like the picture below? What size pex should I use, 1/2 or 3/4? I am redoing the shower on this side of the wall and want to put a niche in where the current shower line runs. Thanks!
  3. TheGewp

Failing trap primer?

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has ever heard a trap primer like the one pictured make a loud squawking noise. It sounds like some one is blowing on a kazoo. The noise is short, only lasts a second or so. The office has started calling it the phantom duck. Anyway, its the only thing in the...
  4. TheGewp

Need to replace cracked toilet stack

I noticed a crack in my toilet waste line today when prepping to install a wall hung Toto. It looks like i'll need to replace the whole "stack" as everything is too close to put in a quick repair. I assume the double santee needs to become a double wye combo? Can i replace the combo wye at...
  5. TheGewp

Advise on in-wall Toto install

I am leaning towards a Toto AP wall-hung and carrier and it will be up against an exterior 2x4 wall. I plan to butt a second 2x4 wall up against the existing so the tank is not against the siding, but i'm wondering if i should leave the drywall on the existing wall or not. I like the idea of...
  6. TheGewp

Corner toilets

Looking at maybe swapping in a corner toilet to give me an extra foot of shower space. The rough in is 15" from the finished wall in the back and 13.5" from the side. It seems odd, should I plan on having to move that? Also is it better to go with a triangle tank or does it matter? Are there...
  7. TheGewp

Flow Capacity (Cv) vs. GPM?

Are they essentially the same when talking about a thermostatic valve? I am helping my sister repipe her house (1957 with original galvanized supply) and want to make sure we don't make the GPM worse with a valve that's too restrictive. Planning to install one for the whole house, rather than...
  8. TheGewp

1957 plumbing

Should i even try to tackle this? I have no experience with cast iron, and i assume that 2" santee on the main stack should be a 3" minimum at this point? From what i can tell the laundry room was added long after and only has a 1.5" drain for a sink and washer, and the kitchen was "upgraded"...
  9. TheGewp

Shower/Tub venting

Can i vent a shower and a bathtub on the same 1.5" vent? I have a back to back shower/tub currently and i am remodeling the shower side. I am hoping i can combine the vents for each into one. Something like the image attached? Thanks!
  10. TheGewp

Repipe and water heater inspection

Is the WH inspection dependent on the plumbing inspection? I'm a little nervous about having the repipe inspected before the WH because i still have my 40 gal tank hooked up until i get the tankless inspected. I don't want to fail the repipe for no earthquake straps and temporary 48" WH supply...
  11. TheGewp

Fullway valve vs. ball valve on water main

Is a "fullway" valve a gate valve? And if so does that mean that section 606.2 of the Oregon Specialty Code requires that I replace the main valve i installed to pass inspection?
  12. TheGewp

90 vs long turn 90

I am making a 90 degree horizontal turn out of a 2 in vertical and then another 90 around a corner to get to a laundry sink and washer. Do i need a long turn in either of those places? Thanks!
  13. TheGewp

Washer move/add sink

I've looked at a bunch of posts about the same subject, but they are just different enough that I'm going to post mine for critique. I think i have everything covered, but I dont know about the sink connection. Do i need to split it off and vent it separately from the standpipe? Thanks for...
  14. TheGewp

Stub outs for repipe?

I am repiping my house with pex, wondering what people prefer for stub outs. I'm leaning towards a brass drop ear and a nipple to the valve rather than using the drop ear bend supports and attaching the pex directly to the valve. The latter has fewer connections to leak, but also makes...
  15. TheGewp

Preferred service connection?

I am getting ready to repipe my house (currently 45 y/o galvanized) with pex. The service line from the meter to the house was replaced sometime before i bought the house and they used 3/4in PVC. I was wondering if there was a preferred way to connect the pex with a shutoff valve between them...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks