Search results

1. Billboe

Uponor hePEX Leaking at Fitting

The pipe is discolored, so, yeah, I'm pretty sure there are deposits. Re: the carpenter... It is complicated! Thanks!
  2. Billboe

Thanks for the reply! Interesting thought about using a clamp. And no, I really don't think I "stretched" the ring (at least not more than what is needed to get insert the fitting). My 1st try to fix this issue was to dry the pipe and that wasn't enough. I actually got the light sanding...
  3. Billboe

Hi All, I'm trying to perform a repair to a hydronic heating system (carpenter put a nail thru a pipe). Pipe is 3/4" Uponor hePEX and has been installed for about 10 years. For the fix, I cut out section of pipe which contained the hole and added new pipe section and two couplers. Now, there...
  4. Billboe

12 Year Old "New" Wirsbo Aqua PEX

Hi All, I purchased some unused Aqua PEX (Wirsbo Aqua Pex 1006, SCR 9, B37.1 Potable, 130 PSI.) that turns out to be about 12 years old. It was stored under a house (no sun contact) and appears to be in good condition. Would this be safe to use to plumb my new house? Thanks much! Billboe
  5. Billboe

Help with DWV Design & VENTING!

more good advice. thanks again terry ...
  6. Billboe

Thanks Terry... It is tight there but I think I can get 2 wyes instead of the double. My main concern was the venting for the 2 toilets and the shower and it sounds like that 2" vent will work. When you said "Wye fittings off the horizontal" are you saying my horizontal wyes should be at a...
  7. Billboe

Thanks Reach... Yes, that does sound like a better (and easy) solution.
  8. Billboe

Ok... How about if I try it again? New drawing attached (and original with better resolution is here). Specific questions: is the 2" vent off the shower drain enough/proper to vent the shower AND the two toilets? or do i need another vent closer to the toilets? is one vent adequate for...
  9. Billboe

Am I so far off that no one even wants to attempt a reply?
  10. Billboe

ah... i just realized that when the image was uploaded, the resolution was reduced. if you want to see the original, you can see it here (on google drive).
  11. Billboe

Hi All, I'm moving on from electric to plumbing in my new build. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out DWV for an area of high density. My plan (at least before I get your advice) is to utilize a 3" drain under the left bath (the image shows the drain & a dotted line for the basement...
  12. Billboe

Main Panel Grounding Wire in Same Conduit as Service Entrance Cables?

thanks bgard! at least now i know i have options... billboe
  13. Billboe

thanks for the reply hj... yeah, i know it is a small hole, but... the house is super tight (continuous membrane around the entire house) and we'd like to avoid another hole if possible. plus, the continuous air sealing membrane (where the sealing would ideally take place) is buried under...
  14. Billboe

I'm installing a meter socket & main panel on my new house. I've run 2" PVC conduit from the outside the house (where the meter socket will be) to the basement (where the main panel will be) for the service entrance cables. Can I run the bare grounding cable (that connects to the grounding...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks