Search results

1. Marcus Waddell

Newbie Conduit Bender

Hey all, Not new to electrical, but certainly fairly green as to bending conduit. I understand the concept of the box offset and an object offset, but what I don't understand is which one should I do first? I have a 9 inch obstacle to overcome that is on the same plane as the box (basically...
  2. Marcus Waddell

Delta Valve with Stops - Leak Testing

Hey all. Renovating one of our Jack and Jill baths and replacing the 30+ year old shower valve with a Delta unit. All my local supply house had was the universal valve with stops. I know what the stops are for, but the directions don't say to install them before leak/pressure testing. I don't...
  3. Marcus Waddell

Metal Box Extenders Exposed in Unfinished Basement?

Hey all, Was wiring up some outlets in my unfinished basement in prep for rough inspection and for whatever reason I miscalculated the space needed in the box. So...since I've already mounted the boxes, run the conduit and wires, I went and added a metal box extender to essentially double the...
  4. Marcus Waddell

200.6 D - Question

Does "different systems" mean literally different systems (i.e. two different panel sources) or does it mean different circuits from the same system? OR two different voltages from the same system (120/240)?? Just trying to make sure I don't do something not safe or something the inspector...
  5. Marcus Waddell

Multiple Circuits, one box

Hi all, I know as long as you keep the hots/neutrals separate for each circuit and don't exceed the box fill that it's OK to have multiple circuits in the same box. I'm wiring up a wood shop and I'd like to have 7 3-gang boxes along a cement wall. I'll be using 3/4" EMT to connect and running...
  6. Marcus Waddell

Metallic electrical boxes

Hi all. Never used metallic boxes before but need to put some on my basement wall. With regular non metallic boxes there are holes for screws for your device (outlet or switch). But at my local home center the metallic boxes seem to lack the holes for attaching devices. Am I looking at the wrong...
  7. Marcus Waddell

Wiring Question - Switching Wire Gauges

Hi all, Been a while but I love this forum! I always get great advise here! I'm a fairly advanced DIYer and am putting in a subpanel in my basement for my basement woodshop and have a question about using EMT and wire gauges. I plan to run at least three circuits. Two 20A 120V circuits and...
  8. Marcus Waddell

Subpanel next to main panel in house - grounding

Hey all, Thinking about putting in a subpanel right next to my main panel to feed some items for an indoor woodshop. I cannot seem to figure out if I need to separate the neutral and ground in a subpanel that is located right next to the main panel in my house. If I do, can I just run it to...
  9. Marcus Waddell

Running wire to shed - questions

Hey all. Need some advice. Running wire from basement panel about 45-ish feet inside and 65-ish feet underground (outside) to my shed. I measured using a string, so it should be no more than 114' in total (and that is allowing for about 10% overage -- and I draped the string to have at least...
  10. Marcus Waddell

Need some help on Rough Electrical Inspection Expectations

Hi all, Project: Putting in a Sub Panel in my outdoor shed, running 40 amp service from my main box, under ground, to the shed. I just got my permit for this, but since I have never actually gotten a permit for work, I'm not 100% certain of the process for getting ready for the "rough"...
  11. Marcus Waddell

Question about direct buried cable running to shed

Hey all, I need to run a 8/3 UF cable from my main panel in the house to my shed. Total distance is about 120 ft away, so for a 20A circuit that requires 8/3 cable. My question is this. The Table 300.5 in the NEC says 24" deep if using Column 1, but Column 4 says if it's a 20A GFCI protected...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks