Search results

1. Marcus Waddell

Newbie Conduit Bender

Sorry... Traditional 1/2" conduit bender.
  2. Marcus Waddell

Newbie Conduit Bender

Hey all, Not new to electrical, but certainly fairly green as to bending conduit. I understand the concept of the box offset and an object offset, but what I don't understand is which one should I do first? I have a 9 inch obstacle to overcome that is on the same plane as the box (basically...
  3. Marcus Waddell

Delta Valve with Stops - Leak Testing

Hey all. Renovating one of our Jack and Jill baths and replacing the 30+ year old shower valve with a Delta unit. All my local supply house had was the universal valve with stops. I know what the stops are for, but the directions don't say to install them before leak/pressure testing. I don't...
  4. Marcus Waddell

Multiple Circuits, one box

Hey All, I decided to do one box for the two 120V circuits and a separate box for the 240V outlets. Thanks for the info on the above though.
  5. Marcus Waddell

Metal Box Extenders Exposed in Unfinished Basement?

The gap has me only slightly concerned. If it were behind drywall...no issues, out in the open however, that is what is concerning me. If I don't really need to worry about it, then I'm good. So that is the question.
  6. Marcus Waddell

I know what they are used for, my question is adding an extender to an already mounted box in an unfinished basement (vs. a finished wall) OK?
  7. Marcus Waddell

Hey all, Was wiring up some outlets in my unfinished basement in prep for rough inspection and for whatever reason I miscalculated the space needed in the box. So...since I've already mounted the boxes, run the conduit and wires, I went and added a metal box extender to essentially double the...
  8. Marcus Waddell

200.6 D - Question

Does "different systems" mean literally different systems (i.e. two different panel sources) or does it mean different circuits from the same system? OR two different voltages from the same system (120/240)?? Just trying to make sure I don't do something not safe or something the inspector...
  9. Marcus Waddell

I was planning on marking with electrical tape and a sharpie, but that might be easier! Do you know if these will survive pulling through conduit?
  10. Marcus Waddell

Another question for y'all...Since there will be three circuits in the box, do I need a red wire to indicate a separate circuit for the 2nd 120V circuit? What about a red for the 240V circuit? Or can I simply use black, white, green as long as they are groups in each box as per 200.4 (B)?
  11. Marcus Waddell

Metallic electrical boxes

Hey all, Reach4 helped my find some reasonably priced 3 gang electrical boxes. Can you help me double check the box fill? Three 20Amp independent circuits with a receptacle attached to each. By my calcs, that is 12 conductors (six in, six out), 1 set of ground wires, 6 fixtures (3 outlets *2...
  12. Marcus Waddell

I used #6 in my panel to shed, but was able to get black, red, white and green for that. I used #4 here but could only get black and green. The guy at the local electrical supply house said I could mark them, right he was. :)
  13. Marcus Waddell

GFCI required for unfinished basements for 120V service. Got that covered.
  14. Marcus Waddell

I think 200.6(B)(4) applies in my case. Since it's #4 wire. Besides, the total length including the two or so feet at each in that is in the electrical panel is 8 feet.
  15. Marcus Waddell

Why would that not be allowed? (and where does it say that in the code)? It's an identification, really no different than having a white wire.
  16. Marcus Waddell

Here's a pick of the subpanel. 60A breaker in main box feeding the subpanel right next to the main panel. Will run the 2-120v/20a GFCI circuits and 1-240v/20a circuit from subpanel.
  17. Marcus Waddell

Already have the subpanel in. It's a 60A subpanel that will be servicing the shop. Will that "shutoff" meet the NEC requirements?
  18. Marcus Waddell

Wiring Question - Switching Wire Gauges

All...sorry, I'm a goober. I was thinking because it's 240V I'd need larger wire. I don't. All of the circuits will be 20a, so 12 awg wire will be fine.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks