Search results

1. Sbas

Questions about flushing water lines with bleach/safety?

Hi everyone, I live in a tiny house on wheels and I'm planning to sanitize my lines soon. The water is starting to smell when filling a cup of water up (but smells fine straight out of the external water filter system). I'm curious if flushing with bleach is actually safe to do or not? I'm...
  2. Sbas

Running water line to tiny house from well. Do I need a backflow or Check valve?

Hello, I am going to be running a pex line underground (insulated) to a tiny house on wheels directly from the well (not external hose bib). Do I need a check valve or backflow valve? I want to make sure none of the water potentially mixes with the main house line. Here is a photo inside the...
  3. Sbas

What is this black fuzzy material in my well sediment filter?

Moved into a property that hasn't had well filter cleaned/replaced in ~5 years. Originally, I thought this was some sort of carbon filter material, but I do not see anything like it when googling (and rusco carries no filter with this black material, as far as I know). Cleaned it out by rubbing...
  4. Sbas

Expansion tank on hot water line? Cold

Hi guys, Had my plumber install my electric hot water heater. He installed it on the hot water line. From what I am reading online, most do it on the cold line but it doesn't really matter too much. Pros of the cold line are that it will have a longer lifespan. Is this correct? Any issues with...
  5. Sbas

Is it ok to have a bucket under temperature/pressure relief valve, rather than draining outside?

Hi guys, I am waiting to get my 30 gallon electric water heater installed. It is placed inside my bathroom , right next to the shower. I really want to avoid running the t and p valve through my floor or outside the wall, so am wondering if it is safe/common to just place a bucket underneath...
  6. Sbas

120v water heater questions

Hi guys, I live in a small house with a 50 amp breaker. My breaker box has a two pole 20 amp (40 amps total) for my 30 gallon electric water heater I was planning to use. Being in a small space, I have been thinking about exchanging it and using and electric tankless water heater instead...
  7. Sbas

Bad Idea to hook up water heater without a professional?

Hello, I have a 240v 30 gallon electric water heater. Plumbing or electrical has not been ran to it. I got a few quotes for install and was in the price range of several hundreds of dollars. I'm running out of cash on my build, so is advised to not install it without a professional? I have yet...
  8. Sbas

Can I run my drain line vertical outside of my (tiny house on wheels) house?

Hello, I know I know you are not supposed to run drain line very steep because food can get caught in it. I have myself a tiny house on wheels and the picture you are seeing is the exit drain outside of my house. Since there is already about 15 feet of drain line before the exit, is it fine if...
  9. Sbas

Advice for a water softener/heavy metal filter setup for my tiny house on wheels

Hello all, I live in a tiny house on wheels that I built and I am hooking up the house to water soon. I have a threaded hose connection on the outside of my house so I can hookup to a hose. I am someone who has VERY sensitive skin and hard water gives me acne. Unfortunately I live in San Diego...
  10. Sbas

Where can I buy a 1 1/2" ABS union p trap

Hello all, I've been told its best to have a union p trap under my sink. Where can I buy one of these (that can be screwed on rather than glued)? Excuse my lack of plumbing knowledge, but are there fittings I can buy to accomplish the same thing with this p trap...
  11. Sbas

Will a 1/2" male thread to 3/4" PEX affect flow to hot water heater?

Hi guys. I'm building a tiny house on wheels and my plumber used 3/4" PEX to my hot water heater. This 3/4" PEX goes outside my wall where I will hook up a garden hose to. the water inlet flanges I am looking at are 3/4" hose thread but the back side is 1/2" male thread. I would need to use a...
  12. Sbas

Help! I have little space between my drain pipe and the top of my counter top. How can I get a few e

I am in the process of building a tiny house on wheels and just had my plumber finish the drain line. Because we needed to achieve minimum slope downhill, my drain pipe ended up being a bit higher than I wanted. I know have very limited space to work with my kitchen sink. Here is a picture of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks