Search results

1. yds

wireless control for baseboard heater

I have a 240V baseboard heater in my bedroom that is controlled by a built-in thermostat. I really only use it to heat up the room in the morning and evening, and it's rather inconvenient to bend down to the floor to turn it on and off each time (ok, that might sound like I'm really lazy, and...
  2. yds

LG Mini-Split Heatpump system - Operating temp?

I had sent a note off to LG customer care about he operating temps. Here is their response: Hello, thank you for contacting LG Customer service. The minimum temperature the heat pump can be used is -5C using the unit any colder than this temperature can damage the unit. Thanks Dave H. LG...
  3. yds

We do have baseboard electrics as a backup - I knew I wasn't going to get away with going the entire winter with just the heatpump. But we're only barely below the freezing mark at this point in the season and I was hoping to get nice warm air out of the LG for a bit yet. As a side note, the...
  4. yds

This is the Cdn webpage for the unit I have. Could not find the specs re: outside temps. http://www.lg.com/ca_en/air-conditioners/residential/LG-multi-split-LMO240H.jsp
  5. yds

I have an LG minisplit ductless system installed in my new third floor addition here in Toronto (outdoor unit model LMO240H; indoor units LMI090HP). The contractor who installed it said it should operate up to about -15C outside temp. We're currently at about -5C, and I'm not getting a lot of...
  6. yds

Ponding on new flat roof

We have a small 6X16 flat roof off our new third floor addition. Soon we will be building a deck over it. The roof was recently refinished (old roof taken up, new plywood layed, and covered with 2-ply modified bitumen roofing) when we added the third floor. Since it has been finished, each time...
  7. yds

Heatpump question - split system vs single

Hi. I'm in the process of building a new third floor on top of my two storey semi-detached downtown toronto home. It will contain a master bedroom, ensuire bathroom, reading area and small deck. Total floorspace of just under 500 sqft. The plans call for a supplemental HVAC system for this...
  8. yds

Electric vs Manual Skylights

We're having a skylight installed in our newly built master ensuite bathroom. Trying to choose between electric or manually vented skylight. Electric costs about $500 more than manual, but would be much more convenient. I'm just worried about whether or not the electric is more likely to break...
  9. yds

Pipes & Meter freeze protection question

Hi. Just last Friday I finally had my service line replaced. I now have 1inch copper from the street. Finally, pressure!! The new line was installed so that the meter and first 10 feet of line is in an unheated "cold storage" room under my concrete front porch (only reasonably priced...
  10. yds

3/4 or 1 inch service

Hi! I'm going to be getting a the water service to my 80 year old house replaced soon and I'm wondering what size service I should consider. The city (Toronto) has a free replacement service (for the portion up to the property line) which will install 3/4 inch service. For an extra $200, they...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks