Search results

1. The Marble Guy

Truestone, New product

I`m sorry for the misinformation on the website address it is http://www.design-imaging.com I think the image is 8 mils. BTW marble and gelcoated products should never be scrubbed with ANY abrasive compounds. Recommended cleaners are the spray on type shower cleaners and a squeegee...
  2. The Marble Guy

Cutting swanstone

You can cut it with a fine tooth or metal hold saw or jigsaw.(14tpi) I use a 4-1/2 inch hole saw on cultured marble for the valve. It works much in the same way. I have installed both and enjoyed working with the solid surface products.
  3. The Marble Guy

Hole in granite counter top ???

Truestone Guys I took a couple of quick shots of this tub, enclosure and vanity top I installed last week. This is called Truestone. It is an image of granite imposed onto a cultured marble panel. Looks great at half the cost of granite. There are some limitations at this point . Only flat...
  4. The Marble Guy

Ceiling Height for New Bathroom

Regarding bathroom 2 Why not make the shower 3x3. I think it would make the slope less of an issue. You could use the space for a cabinet faced linen closet, water heater or something. MTC
  5. The Marble Guy

Truestone, New product

Guys I took a couple of quick shots of this tub, enclosure and vanity top I installed last week. This is called Truestone. It is an image of granite imposed onto a cultured marble panel. Looks great at half the cost of granite. There are some limitations at this point . Only flat stock can be...
  6. The Marble Guy

Bathtub requires leveling ?

Your tub should be level. For it to function properly it needs to be level. I am in mostly new construction. Your builder should resolve this issue for you. Don`t let him cheap out on you and scab some crap together. Is the tub cast or cultured marble? If it is marble the fix should be easily...
  7. The Marble Guy

Show pan installation

I always use a 40 mil shower pan liner. tmg
  8. The Marble Guy

Moving a Shower Arm

You can still use a nail or pick to get in behind it and roll it out with a pair of pliers. Just take your time and get a little piece started and get the needle nose wedged in behind it. Then it should kinda roll a strip off. You said it was thin wall so use it to your advantage. You can do...
  9. The Marble Guy

Hire a pro or install my own shower/tub?

DIY, From here it is a question of money. You probably wanna replace the plumbing which is gonna cost probably right at $500. labor included. Pick a tub,then get a cultured marble surround. I am biased along this line. lol It is three panels siliconed to the tub.Attractive and available in a...
  10. The Marble Guy

Replacing basement shower with bathtub..??

It is exactly the opposite of moving a tub drain to a shower drain.Bust out the concrete to where you need it and hope the drain runs under it . Place the drain where you measured it to the center of the overflow and center of the tub drain out is where the shoe will be.Work backwards from the...
  11. The Marble Guy

I hear a drip in the wall?

Tighten the screws holding the fitting to the backerboard. There should be three screws holding it. If you have enough room that is. TMG
  12. The Marble Guy

Whirlpool spa and Plumbing codes

Scat, Depending on the model of tub you purchase, some come equipped with a removable skirt(panel). You can also get a cultured marble one and silicone it to the front of the tub if it is open. It is removable with a razor knife and a putty knife. I replaced a motor on a tub Friday and had the...
  13. The Marble Guy

Uneven installation of new tub

It`ll hold water in the corner. Ya gotta take it back out and try again. Make sure you bed it in something if it is an acrylic tub. You might run a band around it to keep the edges straight. The installation is the most important part of getting the tub to prerform properly. I have installed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks