Search results

1. turq

New (old) House pressure tank

I did not. Since I was not present at the time the guy did the shocking, I am not sure exactly what he did. His company is well respected, I imagine he did things the right way. But I can find out for sure by calling him on Monday. Yes to all, except the ice maker, there is no refrigerator...
  2. turq

Thanks for the reply. The water test and well inspection performed by the well and septic company for the due diligence in buying the house was full of errors. So basically we are not giving much weight to anything in that report. We did have a different company come by and shock the well. They...
  3. turq

I was wondering how that was going to work. I'm also curious as to why it's cocked like that? So I guess if the seal is not damaged at all, the goal should be just to get the seal seated properly? I've used dish soap to lubricate o rings before, I wonder if a little bit of that will help if...
  4. turq

Got it. The well seal is just something else wrong with that report. Now, thanks to you I know what to look for...and it's obvious.
  5. turq

AT this point I think trying to ascertain whether the tank is good or not is moot. I can test it, and find that it's ok, and still not trust it or the rest of the components. So I am almost positive I am going to go with the CSV PK1A kit. It has everything I need, and it checks all the boxes for...
  6. turq

Good catch. I was wrong and edited my post a few minutes ago.
  7. turq

Reach.: I don't think I can get into the crawl space until Tuesday, but will definitely look closer at the check/manifold. Just so I understand you are saying that there should be a check valve at the well pump, and possibly just above, but not where it appears this one is located? RE: Flotec...
  8. turq

Thank you so much Gentleman. Just great information and pictures to digest. We are still in the due diligence period, so I won't have access to the house again until Tuesday, closing on Thursday. we've already negotiated a fair deal, so at this point it's just fixing things. When we looked at...
  9. turq

Hello My son and his wife just purchased an older house (1947) with a well and septic systems. I've spent years fixing my own house, but have no clue as to well or septic systems...I have been reading voraciously the last few days trying to get up to speed. As most young couples, their funds are...
  10. turq

New gas WH crawl space

I currently have electric everything in my house. I am looking to replace both my stove and water heater with natural gas. The gas company will run the pipes to my house for free, IF I hook up two new appliances. It will cost $1600 dollars if I hook up just one new appliance. The stove hook up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks