Search results

1. mrordinary

NSPC (NJ) Horizontal vent under basement slab legal?

How would you fix this situation? I figured the toilet would be wet vented through the pipe and then pickup the dry vent the same as the shower.
  2. mrordinary

I will start from the top of the page. The label there says vent and it goes up to the roof (2 stories). Right beside it is a 3" stack that is carrying the waste from a full bathroom which is completely vented also to the roof. Both come down and enter beneath the concrete slab. The 3"...
  3. mrordinary

The vent is rolled over right after the shower on the 3" main line. It then makes a bend toward the left so that it can go to the wall and go vertical with the 3" sewer pipe. There is only one wet vent which is attached by after the shower drain (the orange line shows the full path). An Aav...
  4. mrordinary

Here is a blueprint of what it looks like. I believe you are also asking about the other line intersecting at the bottom left of the picture? If so that is an underground waste line from the kitchen sink that has its own vent elsewhere on the roof.
  5. mrordinary

I couldn't find anything that said the toilet had to be last. Not sure why NSPC wouldn't say that if there is a potential issue of siphoning
  6. mrordinary

The sink will have its own aav.
  7. mrordinary

I am unable to easily bring vents vertical in the location of an existing bathroom. In the picture you can see a 2" vent that runs above a 3" sewer line. Both lines run 15 ft to the basement wall in which the vent goes up to the roof. Is this horizontal venting allowed? Two pictures are...
  8. mrordinary

Cast Iron Vertical Vent Crack

So I found out that there is a hub connection..either at or elbow under the straight pipe. I have not broken the concrete surrounding the pipe, but if the pipe is good under the concrete I would assume I only have 3 inches of good pipe. What happens if the pipe is rotten to the hub. Is there a...
  9. mrordinary

So am i not supposed to have sewer traps? Why would they add it and what is the benefit? In one of my backup incidents should the sewage have come out of that hole first or caused the toilet to overflow? That crack was either caused over time or from me removing the 2x4. I didnt know they...
  10. mrordinary

Hoping that I didn't create the crack when I removed a 2x4 near it. I think this happened over time; the bathroom is in the basement and a 5 foot vent stack takes a 90 degree turn and goes through the tericotta block. The house is 1929 and the basement bathroom has true dimensional framing so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks