Search results

1. Johndoejohndoes

Only One AAV in Master Bathroom (2 Sinks/1 Shower/1 Toilet)

Sink 2 has an AAV Do both sinks need an AAV? Or is it fine if only one sink has an AAV?
  2. Johndoejohndoes

Only One AAV in Master Bathroom (2 Sinks/1 Shower/1 Toilet)

I have one plumbing vent coming out of my roof by the laundry room which ties into the drain going out to the sewer. Everything else connects underground to that drain going out to the sewer…but I notice in every bathroom (under every sink) there is an AAV. In the master bathroom, I have two...
  3. Johndoejohndoes

Is AAV fitting too big? Why do all mine look like this?

I was taking a look at the AAV on my sinks and the fitting looks too big on the piece connecting the AAV. I looked underneath and see this…not sure if this is normal and sealed properly?
  4. Johndoejohndoes

Difficulty closing sink drain. The drain lever is pressing up against this water supply line. Any advice?

I notice that my sink drain is a little difficult to open and close. I looked underneath and saw the water line was run above the lever where the drain opens and closes…essentially the line is getting pushed by the little metal bar each time the sink is opened and closed since the metal bar...
  5. Johndoejohndoes

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

One last question…my PEX was installed on Feb 10th and covered up on Feb 20th. The issue is the ends of the PEX are still exposed to UV. The roof won’t be on until later March, which means it could be exposed to direct UV for 40 days. I’m not sure if the builder is going to cover it, but...
  6. Johndoejohndoes

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Thanks! And how bad is it that the manifolds are under the slab? An inspector approved this, so I have to assume it’s allowed even if it’s not the recommended way of doing it.
  7. Johndoejohndoes

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

One more question for you guys…this was how my PEX was originally coming out of the slab. Notice only a little red tape by the slab. It looks like they taped it up a little more as they’re about to put the block exterior on. Does the tape being wrapped only to the middle of the copper...
  8. Johndoejohndoes

Question about new Uponor PEX Plumbing Install

Funny enough, I emailed Uponor because their wasn’t a sleeve around the PEX coming out of the slab and they said everything looked fine (I have that in writing). In regards to your first concern, that is also my concern. But I spoke with Uponor and they said it’s safe to use. From my research...
  9. Johndoejohndoes

Question about new Uponor PEX Plumbing Install

I had a few questions about a new Uponor PEX plumbing install for my new construction home. I’m building in Florida and the plumbing is under the slab (one story house). Here’s how everything looked before the slab was laid. 1. As you can see above, most of the Uponor AquaPex is the white...
  10. Johndoejohndoes

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

It’s under the slab now. I wish I would have seen this post a few weeks ago since the slab was just poured. Is Wirsbo different than Uponor AquaPex? As you can see, most of the hookups going to everything is the white stuff. But the main run (into the white stuff) is a big blue line. PS - Are...
  11. Johndoejohndoes

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Any issues with the blue colored lines? 90% of my house has the clear colored lines with red/blue lettering…but the main 1” source into the house is the all blue PEX. Wondering if I should be concerned :oops:
  12. Johndoejohndoes

Is my PEX going to be exposed to UV for too long?

Everything is the clear Uponor with red/blue letters. The blue pipe (there’s only two) must be another brand. Could I ask them to cover with those big black trash bags? I wonder if that would provide enough protection for the next two weeks until the roof is on?
  13. Johndoejohndoes

Is my PEX going to be exposed to UV for too long?

On February 10th my new construction home had Uponor PEX laid into the ground under our soon to be slab location. On my follow up visit on February 20th everything was covered with dirt and there was a tarp over it…so it was exposed to direct sunlight for no more than 10 days. For most of the...
  14. Johndoejohndoes

Which BrassCraft To Get - Replacing Valves

Thanks! Since it's PEX did I need to deburr it since I did a clean cut? I purchased this cutter (http://m.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-1-in-ProPEX-Tubing-Cutter-48-22-4202/205482438#) and was able to do a perfect cut. It was straight, smooth, and symmetrical...so I didn't deburr. I didn't deburr...
  15. Johndoejohndoes

Thanks! I was able to complete everything last night after some scary DIY moments. I started with about 3 inches of PEX and had to keep cutting it because I wasn't getting a straight cut. I was finally able to get a perfect cut that was clean, smooth, straight and had no burs...with only 1.75...
  16. Johndoejohndoes

How about this valve? I want to get the completed tonight. At least the SharkBite has a ball valve. http://m.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-1-2-in-Chrome-Plated-Brass-Push-to-Connect-x-3-8-in-O-D-Compression-Quarter-Turn-Angle-Stop-Valve-23036-0000LF/202270612?keyword=23036-0000LF&searchtype=text
  17. Johndoejohndoes

PEX Shut Off

I'm trying to remove one in my bathroom and it's attached to PEX. I've been looking at videos and this seems to be the best one I can find. Any other advice on how to remove or should I follow this? Thanks!
  18. Johndoejohndoes

I'm looking to remove and replace the cheap Accor FlowTite Shut Off Valves at my toilets/sink and I'm trying to determine which BrassCraft will suit me best. I have PEX in my house - does anyone have recommendations on which part I should get from Home Depot? I'm not very experienced so I may...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks