Search results

1. Addison

Furnace Echo Noise

Hi all. Im not a pro by any means, but a pretty handy DIY guy. Over the last year, i noticed my furnace making a strange sound when running. The sound (tough to explain) sounds similar to a "wub, wub, wub" sound. Also most like an echoing/pulsating sound. I took apart the blower wheel, make...
  2. Addison

Junction/Electrical Box issue and help!!

Hi All! Back again for some input/guidance. So i ran into a slight dilemma this weekend when i removed a kitchen ceiling fan, and added 2 lights over our island. The ceiling fan was controlled by two 3way switches; the fan was in a terrible spot above the gas stove, and was useless. I wanted...
  3. Addison

Permanently Remove Light Fixture and both 3 way lights

Good Morning all, I need some advice/assistance from all the professionals on here. I am getting ready to redo my kitchen and currently have a ceiling fixture/light that is controlled by 2 3way switches that will no longer be of use. My thought is i want to completely eliminate that fixutre...
  4. Addison

Under sink Plumbing

Hi All, I need some advice and guidance from all you experts! As you can see the plumbing under my sink, my question is in regards to the dishwasher drain. Its hard to tell, but the DW drain on the branch piece is slightly above the discharge level after the P trap. My question is, i know...
  5. Addison

AC Liquid Line

Hi everyone! I must say, thank you in advance for the knowledge, help and guidance you will share! My question is that i notice condensation forming on the Liquid Line directly where is exits my airhandler/evap coil box. I have never experienced freezing of the line, and difference in cooler...
  6. Addison

Subfloor repair

Hi all! Hoping to get a bit of advice. I have a second full bath that has a shower/tub combo. It Isn’t used often whatsoever as my wife and I use the master bath. We did allow a friend of our who was going through rough times to live with us for about 2 months and designated that as his...
  7. Addison

GFCI Wiring/Testing

Hi All, I'm curious as to the correct answer to this. Do Modern GFCI's not work is the line/load is reversed? I have been told that if they are reversed than the "Test" button on the GFCI will not work properly. Is this true?
  8. Addison

Condensate Drain

Is a condensate drain required in a blow through furnace? I know that without it, the increase of conditioned air being wasted will occur due to cold air being pushed through the drain. But will no trap effect the draining ability?
  9. Addison

Eliminating ceiling Light

Hi all. First and foremost thank you ahead of time for the help and support. I have a ceiling light in my kitchen that is controlled by 2 three way switches. I would like to eliminate the ceiling light and also decommission the switches as they will no longer be needed. I am able to get to...
  10. Addison

Condensate drain routing/location

Having a downdraft furnace, where the A Frame Evaporative Coils are after the blower, do i still need to have a p trap directly after the condensate drain or can i run the condensate drain to a nearby non Sewer pipe (overflow pipe, laundry tub piper, ect) and tie into that pipe before the p...
  11. Addison

Condensate drain

Pardon my ignorance on this. It appears to me that the fitting in the blue that i circled is the condensate drain for the pan. Is there a reason as to why this fitting is metal? It looks rusted. Everything i have seen generally shows a drain fitting as PVC. I also noticed that the barbed...
  12. Addison

Caulk Question

Sorry to beat a dead horse. I can still feel a bit of water behind the caulk where the red circle is at. I verified that the valves themselves are not leaking. Is it possible that the water is getting into the track somehow and being forced there behind the drain pan lip? Also, i keep...
  13. Addison

Neo Angle Shower

Hello All, I may have a dumb question. I have what appears to be a neo angle shower that is brass in color. I have been battling leaks with it since i move into the house. My question, is the inside of the shower supposed to be caulked around the pan and the wall panels? I keep getting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks