Search results

1. Golfdci681

Is Booster Pump Needed??

Ya just to the irrigation being either a anti sphion valve or some sort or either just a basic check or a double check. That way one it should stop the air from entering back in and also stop any sort of backflow for contamination. Thanks
  2. Golfdci681

Is Booster Pump Needed??

I can remove the check valve to the house but should I install a check valve between the irrigation tie in and the irrigation pump itself because there is not one there? Thanks
  3. Golfdci681

Is Booster Pump Needed??

I have a 1 HP. So if I am reading this chart correctly it is says that at around 400 feet where my pump is it is producing about 4 GPM running around 60 PSI? Being that my shut off is set to about 65 psi and draw is set to 30psi on my switch. Within that range I'm pumping out 4 gpm. Correct? Is...
  4. Golfdci681

Is Booster Pump Needed??

The well drilling tag says that the well is 600 feet with a casing depth of 111 feet at 6in and it should produce 3 gpm
  5. Golfdci681

Is Booster Pump Needed??

The pump is set at 400 feet inside the 600 well. It is a Gouls 5gpm pump
  6. Golfdci681

Is Booster Pump Needed??

I recently had an irrigation system installed at my house, its on a well and runs about 5gpm. It's 600 feet deep. I tested the static pressure at my hose bib and got a reading of 65psi. Now my question is my installer put a 1.5 hp booster pump in for my irrigation. With a reading of 65psi...
  7. Golfdci681

Check Valve Type?

There is no valves of any type on the irrigation line other then other then a shut off valve right after the T where the irrigation line is tied into my main water supply line to my house and the irrigation control valves for each zone. That is why I want to put some type of backflow/check valve...
  8. Golfdci681

Check Valve Type?

I recently had a irrigation system installed at my home. It was connected to my main line via T connection. I have a private well. Before I had this system installed I never had an issue, but now I have air in my water supply lines to my house after I run my irrigation system. The days I do not...
  9. Golfdci681

Air in Main Supply Line

Hello, sounds like you have the same problem that I do. The air only comes out briefly when I turn the water on in a faucet or run the toilet. After it happens I have no more issues throughout the day. Is this something that just can not be fixed? They did not install a backflow preventer...
  10. Golfdci681

Air in Main Supply Line

I also did not know if a pressure regulator after the irrigation pump be be helpful in slowing down the water being drawn out of the well would be beneficial or be counter intuitive to the fact that I put on a booster pump to increase the pressure only to slow it down with a regulator?
  11. Golfdci681

Air in Main Supply Line

This was another reason why I was asking if the check valve that is installed is the proper size for the task that is suppose to peform
  12. Golfdci681

Air in Main Supply Line

The irrigation pump would be applying suction I guess to the backside of the home branches check valve because there is no check valve in between the main line branch and the irrigation pump. Water comes out of the well, through a 20" filter down the main line about 5 feet where the irrigation...
  13. Golfdci681

Air in Main Supply Line

The well is just at 3 years old. Like I originally posted, we never had this issue prior to putting this system in. As far as the valve. I have not noticed a decrease in the pressure at all. There is not other pressure tank in the house, only the 20 gallon at the well site. I have tried it...
  14. Golfdci681

Air in Main Supply Line

I have looked and found no vacuum valve at the pump site. I'm not sure where else one would be to look. Thanks
  15. Golfdci681

Air in Main Supply Line

A pressure switch turns the sub pump on. It runs at 65/30. It is under a false rock at the well site also where there is a 20 gallon pressure tank. I'm not sure the pressure to the input booster itself but at a hose bib I registered it to be around 35-40psi. The booster runs about 70psi roughly...
  16. Golfdci681

Air in Main Supply Line

Thanks for the response. Does the valve need to be replaced? I tried to call sharkbite and ask them if the check valve was the correct size in proportion to the system. They also informed me to add a check valve from the T to the sprinkler system itself as well. I just put a 3/4 check valve on...
  17. Golfdci681

Air in Main Supply Line

Hello, I am new to the forum. I am trying to figure out a problem that I am having. I am on a private well that is about 600 ft deep. I have been on the well for 3 years now with no problems. I recently installed an irrigation system that ties into the main water line between my house and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks