Search results

1. Ricker

Losing my mind w/ Noritz tankless

Now I'm wondering if we might have air trapped in the recirc system. Potentially dumb question but how does one bleed the recirc line? Supply lines are easy, turn on the faucets and the water pushes the air out...but the recirc line?
  2. Ricker

The noises are far away from the tankless unit - most prevalent in the furthest (from the tankless) corner of the house which happens to be the Master BR. Perhaps we need air-column(s) installed in that corner of the house? I'm not sure how the pipes were anchored throughout the house but we...
  3. Ricker

Welp. The pipes are still barking. To add insult to injury, I have found water on top of the expansion tank (something is leaking). When I disable the recirculation feature on the Noritz, there is no noise in the pipes (the big downside is that it takes forever to get hot water to some corners...
  4. Ricker

PS Thanks for all of the replies. And yes, if the noise persists after today, I will totally wish I had just replaced my old 75 gal tank with a new one and been done with it.
  5. Ricker

A moderator was kind enough to edit my reply (post #4) but included the wrong diagram from the installation manual. The image shared was of a system without the recirculation line. I've included the correct image from the manual which omits the idea of a back flow preventer. In both cases...
  6. Ricker

Update: I believe we have found the culprit. The installer did not install a thermal expansion tank on the cold intake side of the unit. Any time the recirc pump was running hot water through the system with no demand, the heated water had nowhere to go...hence all the noise during the recirc...
  7. Ricker

Replaced a 14 year old 75 gal hot-water heater about 6 weeks ago. We decided to go tankless. Did a bunch of research and landed on Noritz. Found a local 5-star recommended installer on Noritz website, got his quote, and went for it. Ever since the very first day it was installed, we've heard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks