Search results

1. Mark Alan

Main water line run

Thanks John. I will try that and see.
  2. Mark Alan

Main water line run

I purchased a property that has county water at the road. I had a 1 inch meter installed to supply water to a future house, which will be located about 1400 feet from the meter. I do not know the PSI or flow rate out of the meter, so I cannot do the calc to see if I need a booster pump, but I am...
  3. Mark Alan

CSV and Thanks to Valveman

Thanks for the reply. That makes perfect sense. Maybe I was making it harder then necessary, but for some reason I could not get the purpose of the 2 to 3 gpm flow for adjusting the valve. Again thanks for the great product, and all the assistance on trying to figure out what was happening. I...
  4. Mark Alan

CSV and Thanks to Valveman

Hey Carry, I just wanted to say thank you for all your help with getting my system up and going. After getting the county to remove their check valve, I have been issue free with the system. I do have one question, and this is just for my information. When setting up the CSV the instructions...
  5. Mark Alan

County water with low pressure at the meter location

Will a garden hose do the 3 GPM? That is all that is currently hooked up at the house. I should have a sink and toilet installed and working by next weekend.
  6. Mark Alan

Do I need to put the cut off only adjustment back and do the adjustment with the other adjuster then adjust the CSV? or is it ok as is and adjust the CSV?
  7. Mark Alan

I only turned the small nut about a turn or so. I did not adjust the large nut at all.
  8. Mark Alan

I only dropped the cut off side on the pressure switch, just enough that the pump would shut off. Do I need to adjust it back or mess with the CSV. Could trash in the switch cause this issue? I had been working fine for several months before. This only happened after the water line was busted by...
  9. Mark Alan

Thanks Cary. If I am not mistaken you set the pressure switch for 70/90 and the CSV at 80. According to the pressure gauge the pressure is around 22 to 25 PSI. I did drop the pressure switch cutoff to around 85 or so. I might need to go a little lower to insure that the pump will cut off every...
  10. Mark Alan

I installed the PK1 system, and it had been working great. Today the pump would not reach cutoff. I had to adjust the pump cutoff down a little from 90 to about 85. Is this normal or has something happened? I am about to order a pump saver just to be safe. Thanks Mark
  11. Mark Alan

I plan on installing a disconnect for the pump power, along with a 12ov outlet. I have 10/3 running to where the pump will be located, so I can do 120 or 240 to the pump. I have not decided on what I want to use. More than likely it will be 240.
  12. Mark Alan

This is what I ordered for settings, per your instructions above. CSV will be at 80 with a 70/90 pressure switch. Do I need to do anything different?
  13. Mark Alan

I was going to put it with the pump. I was not sure about putting it at the house.
  14. Mark Alan

I don't know. But I have a work around, so we will see what I end up with.
  15. Mark Alan

Nope, because I used the old pipe to run the power and new pipe down to the pump location. Other then wearing me out, I never hit anything in the pipe. I thought the same thing.
  16. Mark Alan

I was never able to get water up the total rise on my place. I am not looking to suck water up the hill. What I am doing is placing a pump halfway up the hill where I know I have water and some pressure. I found the location by opening the valve on the meter and filling the pipe with water. Then...
  17. Mark Alan

Well after further reading I don't think the booster setup would work well since I have no pressure at my house.
  18. Mark Alan

Thanks Cary. Single valve is all I will have. I have ordered the pump and PK1A. Looking at the pump manual, it has 2 diagrams for connecting the pump. One is for a booster setup, and one for pumping from a water tank. I am going to assume I should set it up for the booster. It looks like you T...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks