Search results

1. ngen33r

Cabinet over basement floor drain?

I have a floor drain in the basement floor that I would like to put a countertop cabinet over. This was the drain used for the old utility sink. Knock on wood I have not had any flooding so it doesn't get much use. The line with the red cap is a cleanout for my footer drains, which is where the...
  2. ngen33r

Second Thinking Shower Waterproofing

I finished my rough in and pan install for my basement shower. The plan was to use HardiBacker and some form of membrane to seal it. I read that Hardi is a pain in the ass to apply anything to because of how absorbent it is, so I am thinking of taking those down and going a different route. I...
  3. ngen33r

Grade My PEX Install

As stated, please have a look and give me some pointers on my PEX install.
  4. ngen33r

Shower Rough In Questions

I am starting to run the supply and lines to my basement bathroom remodel. I am using a mix of PEX and Copper as needed. My valve is PEX feed and that helps in this scenario, because I have a bend behind the floor joist that cannot easily be soldered. Sure I could notch out the top plate for the...
  5. ngen33r

Insulating Around Basement Windows

I am starting to insulate the basement and frame the walls. I am in Zone 5 so I am using R-5 XPS on the walls and I will do R15 paper backed fiberglass inbetween the studs. I am gluing the seams with PL300 vs taping. I may tape the seams after but not sure if I will need to. I have glass block...
  6. ngen33r

How to remove cast iron pipe from block wall.

I have an old pipe I assume was for the bathroom drains to the old septic system. I want to eventually frame this wall but I need to deal with the old pipes first. I had a 3in cast pipe and it was broken a few feet down so I was able to remove it from the inside and redo both sides of the block...
  7. ngen33r

Furring out basement wall

as I continue the basement bathroom I need to move some plumbing and frame some of the basement wall. The old wall was 1x3 furring strips ramset into the wall. These nails destroy the block. I prefer tepcon screws for cinderblock. The old framing had no insulation and no top/bottom plates. Now...
  8. ngen33r

Securing Studs and Shims

I have a situation where I want to lay studs flat against the wall. This is an interior wall that is not perfectly vertical. It is off by about 1/4in over 7ft. I have secured the studs with 1/4in tapcons to the block and shimmed them so they are as level and in plane as possible. I did not drive...
  9. ngen33r

Is my venting adequate for what I have

I am preparing to redo my basement bathroom and I am not sure if the existing venting is proper for my installation. I have made a rough schematic of the system and will also try to verbally describe it. I have a 3in vent stack at the far end of the system in a ranch. All fixtures come after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks