Search results

1. DripSplashDrip

What to do about this bathroom fan?

This bathroom fan is located in the attic and has ceased to function. What kind of bathroom fan is this? Can the motor be replaced? The fan is connected to pipes which go to two separate bathrooms. Also, there is a blackened area near where the pipe vents out of the roof and the insulation...
  2. DripSplashDrip

Water meter issue

This past summer I was billed for an extremely high amount of water. The city installed a new water meter and it still showed unusually high water consumption. As a result, I have checked for leaks everywhere and cannot find one. The water consumed over one week can be twice the amount as...
  3. DripSplashDrip

How to replace broken PVC pipe at valve joint? Water keeps leaking

Can I reuse my old valve? Part of the PVC pipe is broken inside the valve. Also, the water keeps dripping out of the PVC pipe even though the water is shut off at the control box. As well, none of the other zones work. When I turn on any of the other 3 zones water gushes out of the broken pipe...
  4. DripSplashDrip

Metal flashing melted onto electrical wire

I had to solder a copper pipe that was right next to an electrical wire (white) so I put a piece of metal roof flashing so I wouldn't burn it with the torch but when I went to remove the flashing, I discovered that the heat melted the flashing to the wire and now it's stuck. Should I just leave...
  5. DripSplashDrip

Ceiling Leak - hole in copper pipe

I noticed water dripping from the ceiling so I sawed out some drywall and found the source. It looks as though a metal bracket used to support the copper pipe rusted through and caused the pipe to rupture. How should I fix this?
  6. DripSplashDrip

Leak in plumbing stack!

On the first floor (slab on grade) I discovered a leak at the bottom of the plumbing stack. I thought it was coming from around the bottom but now I think it's coming from higher up. Is there a tool that I could use to find out where the leak is coming from? Over the years it has caused some...
  7. DripSplashDrip

Washer makes toilet leak

My washer is leaking water through the toilet! When the washer is draining, water flows out under the toilet in the next room. I took all the water out of the toilet tank and bowl and shut off the water to it, thinking that would solve the problem. But the water kept coming so I turned off the...
  8. DripSplashDrip

Problem with circuit breaker - single pole

A hair dryer tripped 2 breakers, and they couldn't be turned to the 'on' position, so I replaced them with 2 similar single 15 amp Stab-lok circuit breakers - one connected to a red wire and the other to a black wire (one below the other). The breaker connected to the red wire won't stay in...
  9. DripSplashDrip

Washer Hookup - hot tap leaking

My hot water tap that connects to the washing machine is leaking at the handle. I have to replace the tap but I don't know where to start. As you can see by the pictures, there is no recessed box. How would I install one? Also, the water drain is on the adjacent wall. The taps are 7 inches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks