Search results

1. The harrymanimus

Rebuilt Fleck 5600 metered, head replaced - salty water

1. No soft water, did a valve rebuild 2. Regen would jam the gears solid, I'd unjam them taking it apart. 3. Replaced program wheel, gears still jammed after(during?) rebuild. 4. Replaced the power head ($135), did a regen, gears seem ok after regen. 5. After regen, fizzy salty water 6. I...
  2. The harrymanimus

(rebuild did not fix) Fleck 5600 not regen-ing

Hi, System has been working well for years. I noticed my water seeming a bit hard the past 2 days. Took the cover off today, and things look off to me. Did not regen last night, so I think I have a problem. Thoughts? Is the mechanical head bad? Can I try a manual regen (but it's already on...
  3. The harrymanimus

Replacing washing machine valves

Hello, I have some washing machine valves that do work. They are pretty hard to turn off completely. Of course I don't do this much. I was thinking I might want to replace them with quarter turn before I get new flooring. There's no accessible part to put a wrench on to hold steady while...
  4. The harrymanimus

My anode rod replacement quest for Bradford White (only threads sticking out)

Hi, live in Texas area with hard water, have a water softener. 5 year old heater. Did my research here, and other places. Removed rod, had plenty of life. Rod was aluminum (tested with vinegar). Replaced with magnesium. Pics coming. Thoughts on when I should replace this again? Given this...
  5. The harrymanimus

24 year old system replacement plan

I have an ac / gas furnace system that was installed in 2000. Seems to be working just fine. I read that in 2028 there will be new regulations for 95% efficient gas heating systems. I was wanting to come up with a plan, just in case my system looks like it is lasting up until then. I want to...
  6. The harrymanimus

Mystery temperature range on shower

My furthest shower from my hot water heater very occasionally does not get much hotter than luke warm. Couple times a year for the past several years. More occasionally I do notice the temp is fairly variable from day to day, where I have to adjust the temp. Some days I have to turn hot...
  7. The harrymanimus

30A 120v emergency power transfer switch and panel setup

Hi, I want *Emergency only* setup for my house to run off a LARGE li-thium ion device. This device provides a 30amp RV plug output (and 15amps outlets). 3600wh/3600watts/7200surge. The device is an Ecoflow Delta Pro (on kickstarter, not shipping yet) I want to run my furnace (gas/fan takes...
  8. The harrymanimus

Fleck 5600 meter not working, ok to manually regen?

I noticed that my Fleck 5600 was about 3x as loud as usual, so I checked the water usage dial and over a day it did not move. I found a video or two on troubleshooting the meter, will do that when the weather warms up. My main question is, for now until I can fix it, is it ok to manually...
  9. The harrymanimus

Water near top of foundation behind dish washer

Hi, I just noticed some water seepage from a horizontal crack near the top of my foundation. There is a capped white pipe nearby, that I do not know the purpose of. The brick under the capped pipe seems dry. The dish washer was running. I have not noticed any water inside. No other water...
  10. The harrymanimus

Full size 76" shower door on bathtub

We had the shower part of our bathtub area remodeled. I'd like to get a nice frameless to nearly frameless door. It needs to be bypass due to location of nearby toilet on same wall as shower fixtures. The guy measuring recommended getting a full size 76" shower door rather than the normal 60"...
  11. The harrymanimus

Fleck 5600 rebuild from 2 years ago, now having issues

With the help of this forum, I did a rebuild on a Fleck 5600 in May 2017. That went great. I'd been getting 1000 gallons between regens until recently. I detect the water is getting hard by boiling water in a kettle several times a week and when there is white stuff floating at the top...
  12. The harrymanimus

Shower Trim Kit - Brushed nickel with Brass, Cast Metal, Plastic

I purchased some stainless steel Delta Lahara faucets for a remodel. Then I started looking to purchase a Shower Trim Kit. On the Lahara trim kit, the bath spout is plastic, and some parts on the handle and shower head are also. So I went looking for an alternative trim kit. I contacted...
  13. The harrymanimus

Moving a toilet to a shower drain?

For my bathroom I want to get rid of a walk in shower and move the toilet to where the shower drain is. I've read varying things about this in the interweb, having to do with drain sizes, and the grey water vs black water drain issues. Looking for advice. Attached is what the shower drain...
  14. The harrymanimus

Replacing outdoor spigot, setup not like Youtube vids

I've never done this so my go to is Youtube usually. But the ones I find aren't helpful. I have nothing to grip to to prevent the pipe going into the wall from turning. The grip-able hex part of the pipe is in the wall. When I turn the spigot with a wrench, the pipe in the wall turns. Maybe...
  15. The harrymanimus

Troubleshooting a Fleck 5600

I'm limping along with a Fleck 5600, perhaps with multiple issues. Had it serviced a couple years ago, had some new resin put in. I'd had it set for 1000 gallons before regen ever since then. Recently noticed that water was hard before the 1000 gallons were up. Inspected tank and I'd bought...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks