Search results

1. The harrymanimus

Rebuilt Fleck 5600 metered, head replaced - salty water

Is it okay to leave it on, or should I bypass it? Currently have no salty water that looks almost normal, except for more bubbles than usual. I took the power head back off so I could compare better, the new unit salt setting is not very accessible. I determined it was using around 11 lbs of...
  2. The harrymanimus

This is a pic of my old powerhead salt pound setting. I guess I should also ask, is it okay to leave it on or should I bypass it. Currently have no salty water that looks almost normal except for more bubbles than usual.
  3. The harrymanimus

I should have mentioned it's the mechanical metered
  4. The harrymanimus

1. No soft water, did a valve rebuild 2. Regen would jam the gears solid, I'd unjam them taking it apart. 3. Replaced program wheel, gears still jammed after(during?) rebuild. 4. Replaced the power head ($135), did a regen, gears seem ok after regen. 5. After regen, fizzy salty water 6. I...
  5. The harrymanimus

(rebuild did not fix) Fleck 5600 not regen-ing

After getting it back together, trying to set it up again, I notice that the clear program wheel with the numbers moves freely. I believe it used to have to be pulled out before it would move. Is this a problem? Found the part: Link Softenerparts.com support seems to think I need that part...
  6. The harrymanimus

Ok, figured I'd just take it apart. Found video on the assembly of the main dial, used a box to catch spring bearings. Took the brine gear off, it was quite stuck, hard to get off. Main dial still would not turn. Took the main dial apart. Put the main dial back together and it turns, no...
  7. The harrymanimus

Knob did not turn at all before rebuild (new behavior) when trying to depressurize per instructions (just turned off water instead). Didn't want to force it to turn. Knob does not turn after rebuild. I did check that the Teflon coated piston would move up and down the rings before...
  8. The harrymanimus

I had an old tube of the Danco food grade silicon stuff from 7 years ago, but ordered a new one.
  9. The harrymanimus

Once I started the regen manually, the timer completed the entire cycle by itself, didn't need to help it along any. I've ordered a rebuild kit.
  10. The harrymanimus

It is metered I believe, I guess that is the same thing as demand. Okay so if I have the proper one, I guess I need to do another rebuild, and that will fix the stuck timer motor because it will be easier to turn? The rebuild went pretty smooth before and I still have all the instructions on...
  11. The harrymanimus

Thanks so much for that information on the stages. So the on demand is a good bit better than the metered valve? I'm better off doing that than a rebuild?
  12. The harrymanimus

I guess I'd consider it if there are a lot of pro's to a valve of that type. Looks to me about $400, probably a bigger job? But it might save me money and grief in the future? I think my resin is fine. 4 inch diameter at the neck measured with string and a calculator 9.25 on the body...
  13. The harrymanimus

I turned the knob. It was quite hard to turn. I figured I'd just go around and back to "service". I can't get it past a certain point, and sound's like water is running through. Not sure what to do so I turned the bypass lever, sound of water running through stopped, mostly, there is a very...
  14. The harrymanimus

So the timer is warm, and the timer is advancing time correctly. I don't know about excessively hot. If I use the heat sensor laser device, what should it read? I'm going to guess by touch it's maybe 120° For some history, I did a rebuild on this maybe about 7 years ago. And the part that...
  15. The harrymanimus

Hi, System has been working well for years. I noticed my water seeming a bit hard the past 2 days. Took the cover off today, and things look off to me. Did not regen last night, so I think I have a problem. Thoughts? Is the mechanical head bad? Can I try a manual regen (but it's already on...
  16. The harrymanimus

Replacing washing machine valves

Thank you, if I were to search for repairing these versus replacing them, are there some key words/search terms that would turn up the relevant information? Like names of the parts inside, words like “washer” have two meanings here and are not returning good info.
  17. The harrymanimus

I can't seem to find any info on repairing the existing ones, only thing that comes up is replacement. Any reason I could not install something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Hanobo-Heavy-Brass-Garden-Connector/dp/B07GBCY47R
  18. The harrymanimus

Hello, I have some washing machine valves that do work. They are pretty hard to turn off completely. Of course I don't do this much. I was thinking I might want to replace them with quarter turn before I get new flooring. There's no accessible part to put a wrench on to hold steady while...
  19. The harrymanimus

My anode rod replacement quest for Bradford White (only threads sticking out)

Hi, live in Texas area with hard water, have a water softener. 5 year old heater. Did my research here, and other places. Removed rod, had plenty of life. Rod was aluminum (tested with vinegar). Replaced with magnesium. Pics coming. Thoughts on when I should replace this again? Given this...
  20. The harrymanimus

24 year old system replacement plan

Some good info here, but I'm not sure I can parse out a good plan from the info. Any recommendations like? a) Wait until it dies, doesn't matter b) Buy in 2027 before the 95% regulations kick in. c) Buy in 2025 because of X/Y/Z reasons d) etc I'm in Texas, if that matters.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks