Search results

1. BillMN

Fleck 7000 SXT - brine fill fails

I thought that I'd update this year old thread in case anyone stumbles into it. When I last posted, I had disassembled and cleaned/inspected the brine valve, injector, injector screen, and BLFC. I didn't find any problems, but when I put it all back together, it worked. That lasted for about...
  2. BillMN

I removed and inspected the brine valve. I didn't see any sign of dirt, wear, or any other problems. Since the softener had been working fine for almost three years, I doubt that there's a problem with anything being installed backwards. Anyway, I tried cleaning the brine valve, wiped out the...
  3. BillMN

I'm posting two pictures. The first is with the cam in the Draw position and the second is in the Fill position. Note that the brine valve stem is depressed significantly further when in the Draw position than it is in the Fill position. There's something else that I noted when taking these...
  4. BillMN

Is this the detail that you want to see?
  5. BillMN

I've got a 3 year old Fleck 7000 SXT that has been working well until suddenly it stopped producing soft water. After a quick inspection, I noticed that the water level in the brine tank was very low. I added water to the tank, waited for the salt to dissolve and started a manual regeneration...
  6. BillMN

How accurate is the Hach 5B?

I've been planning on replacing my ancient softener and I've been hanging around here for a few months trying to gather information so that I can make an informed decision. Early on, I decided to purchase a Hach 5B to confirm that my old softener wasn't doing the job anymore (it wasn't) and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks